cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of GRC AC 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

My lead is preparing a proposal for GRC AC 10.1 implementation project. He is in need of following clarifications below. I have tried searching this but yet to find a suitable answer for his queries. This is the first time he is trying to build a proposal and needs help on this. 

Can you please let me know the below information as soon as possible or atleast the approx time to complete the project.

Info on the project:

1. Consists of approx 2800 users with 3000 roles in ECC and SRM.

Clarifications needed:

1. what will be the total no of SAP GRC resources and basis resource needed to implement GRC AC 10.1 with modules (ARA,ARM,BRM and EAM)

2,  how many people will be working onsite and offshore to implement the same.

3. Approx no of time to complete the project.

4. Any other requirements.

Thanks in advance for your help. Let me know if you need any more information on the project.

Regards

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suvonkar_bashak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani Ks

Please find my comments herein:

Environment:

1. Consists of approx 2800 users with 3000 roles in ECC and SRM.

Clarification

1. what will be the total no of SAP GRC resources and basis resource needed to implement GRC AC 10.1 with modules (ARA,ARM,BRM and EAM)

- Comment: "Ideally 1 Lead, 2 GRC/Security Consultant, 1 Basis Consultant, 1 ABAPer for customization if any"

2. How many people will be working onsite and offshore to implement the same.

- Comment "Depends on the clients business and area of operation - 1 to 2 consultants onsite, rest offshore. Understanding the business is more important to have a holistic approach towards GRC"

3. Approx no of time to complete the project

- Comment "6-8 Months, also consider buffer timeline for contingencies like climate/environmental issues, consultant not being well, attrition etc "

4. Any other requirements.

- Comment: "Understanding the business of the customer thoroughly, documentation of implementation configuration steps, sign off as per agreed milestone of the project, though testing of the functionality"

Best Regards,

Suvonkar Bashak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank You for all your replies. This was really helpful. Now i have adequate information to plan and execute the project.

Artem,

Thanks for your valuable thoughts. I have checked the sizing document, it was informative.

Pradeep and suvonkar,

Thank you for your support and understanding of my queries.

Gretchen,

I did have a look at Colleen's post and it was highly informative. I look forward for a successful implementation in the coming days.

Also, i would share my challenges experienced in this project in coming days. Hope to cover the various hiccups and issues faced during the project. Will keep you all posted

Thanks once again.

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

It depends on the customization  and Customer Requirements.If  you  taken into consideration that only  SAP standard GRC will be delivered with few of the customization.Then 5-6 months is a good enough time to deliver the project with 1 GRC Lead always at client site and 1 or 2 GRC Resource  at offshore depending on the experience.

Additionally 1 Basis resource for installation and to address basis related issues on ad hoc basis,for deploying Plug-ins etc.

1 Standby ABAP Resource in case of any manual corrections required.But it varies from customer to customer.Like for most of my implementations I always used to implement Notes which required Manual Corrections as I had some ABAP knowledge.

Remember above timelines will only match if  the customer is trained and have some know of GRC and clear enough to provide  Requirements.Therefore Blue-printing  is very important  for any project to be delivered with this timelines.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I am going to use a sizing guide to evaluate hardware resources needed for all modules. The other questions depend on the requirements and time.

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Thanks for your quick response. Would you be able to tell me how much resources will it take for the four modules?

Regards

Mani

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on competency of consultants and customer's requirement.

I suppose you need to find out what exactly customer wants and then think about resources.

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have currently prepared the implementation to be completed in 20 weeks which includes 4 weeks of after go-live. for 2500 users in a system of 2, will it take approx 3 resources to complete??. Taking into account 2 weeks of onsite with the customer in the initial phase of the project to gather the requirements of the client?

Customer has not mentioned any specific time period for completion of the modules. So, can this be covered with 1 resource as customer facing for a period of 2 weeks and 4 resources (3 as SAP GRC consultant + 1 Basis administrator)??

Regards

Subramanian.K

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your plan looks enough possible.

But I would be ready to have +1 abap developer in case of very specific requirement.

Best regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

I would count on needing ABAP resources for the corrections that will need to be applied. We did not plan on any customization and did not budget for ABAPers. Huge mistake!  Hundreds of corrections, including manual corrections,  and a go live later, we are still applying corrections  trying to get things to work.

See also 's excellent blog post on help from her friends on her GRC projects.

This has been discussed quite a number of times; be sure to search and review the results.

Gretchen