Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to save new field added in SRM

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am adding a new field in the Shopping cart header in SRM. But, while saving the value is not coming. If I hit enter and then save, the value is getting saved. Otherwise, it is loosing the new value entered in the screen.Why so ? I can't get the value which is available in the screen anywhere.Pre-Exit, Post Exit ..Nowhere the new value is coming.

Urgent help required!!!

Regards

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Lavanya

I rem facing a similar issue when I added a field for vendor input .. I was able to see it in the Portal but it did not get saved in the backend and the same was not seen in BBP_PD .. I am assuming you also have a similar issue ..

You will see the field in the webdynpro component pass it to a memory ID ..

Now once done call that memory ID in the BBP_DOC_CHANGE badi and pass that value again in the respective structure in doc_change for the SC..Once done it will get saved in the backend ..

let me know more details on what exactly the field etc is to be able to assist better

Regards

Vinita

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that field something related to the existing field like Vendor , Material , Comapny code or an alredy existing field or is it a random custom field what kind of value does it have ..and is it at header or item level ?

channu_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanaya,

Interesting , I have added a lot of  fields at the RFx and other documents, but  never faced any such issues which u are mentioned , can you share the steps you followed for this field? ,so that  we can check if anything missing ,also did you gave any dynamic method for this field?

Thanks

Channa

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Check out if you have missed out any steps as suggested in below blog/document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3092688e-dee4-2d10-1195-aec16594e...

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But, this is not the issue. It is getting saved when with the correct value when I hit enter and then save. If I enter a value in screen and save without any other action , the previously saved or entered value is getting saved .

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

It seems that the value is not updating into context when you press SAVE button without hitting enter key. The action enter key press triggering the data transfer from ui to context.

Did you  check if other fields of the view are also having same issue?

Regards,

Rama

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Only this field has the issue.