Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Places where an userID is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are performing few system clean-ups in an existing SAP systems and I need an information before we delete any data on this.

Suppose if we get a request to delete an user in a client, is it possible we can check where these users are linked up ? Example like in which RFC or any background job is running under this username ? Do we have any specific transaction code or any SAP report to get this data ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sri_g4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please go through the below discussion

5 REPLIES 5

sri_g4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please go through the below discussion

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually, to avoid these issues the users are never deleted. They are locked, stripped of all roles and moved to special user group to indicate that the user is terminated. Generally, it's not a good idea to delete data in your information system.

Cheers

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree Marin points .

However , in my view below is the way to check any user is configured in RFC or Batch jobs.

- Extracting log from SM19 to find out users configured in RFC

-You can check this table TBTCO  to seee if any user id has been set up as owner for batch jobs.

Thanks,Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

agree it's best not to delete userids, but if you must..  remember to also check for open workflow tasks and sap office documents tied to the user.  

0 Kudos

And also job steps running under that user ID...

Some users immortalize themselves in the system instead of using system users with dedicated roles for the set of job steps.

Cleaning such a mess up can be a very big project as you need to switch the users in the steps and "interceptors" also check auths of the scheduler.

But it can be done if approached systematically.

Cheers,

Julius