cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a database backup of proudction system to a new installation? Works?

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to backup the database(only the database) of the proudction system. Then I want to restore the database to a totally new NW system.

I am thinking this way is not going to work.

First of all, the proudction system has a different system ID with the new system. And the database backup contains the info of the proudction system.

Am i wrong? If this way is working, is there any extra work I need to do?

Best Regards,

Charlie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

Can you please let us know what is the target and source system like standard lone ABAP (or) Java (or) Dual Stack.

BR,

Avinash Reddy

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for your reply.

The target and source are both pure ABAB stack. And BW is also installed.

Best Regards,

Charlie

0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

So, if you have same environments(SAP, Unix  & Database versions) for  both Target & Source Systems, you can proceed with standard system refresh activity to build a new system.

Below is the link you can check for standard guide.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/instguides --> SAP NetWeaver --> Release 2004s (or your release) -->  Installation --> 2 - Installation - SAP NetWeaver Systems --> System Copy for SAP Systems Based on NW2004s SR1 ABAP

BR,

Avinash Reddy.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi charlie

You can perform Homogeneous system copy method, for this you can search in google you can find so many reference links and documents.

From SAP Service market place you can search the system copy guide from https://service.sap.com/guidefinder - Select your SAP version, OS/DB & tasks System copy

BR

SS

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

So the way I assume is not working, right? I need to use standard system refresh.

Best regards,

Charlie

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

The way I assume is totally wrong. It will cause system weird behaviro right?

Best regards,

Charlie

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie

As per SAP standard yes, but you can do the system cloning keep the same system name & ID in the private network(Not on live network)

If you want to keep the system in the live network, you have to perform the SAP standard system copy method

Could you share your SAP & OS/DB version details?

Regards

SS

Answers (0)