Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL enabling for Portal system.

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Guru's,

SAP AS Java server has to be configured for SSL, So what steps i need to execute?

Method i am using for configuration of SSL is "By using the SSL configuration tool in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator."

Using the the above method i trying to configure  step "Adding New SSL Access Points"

First step in Adding the SSL Access Point is to select the nstance in which we need SSL to be configured ( ie AS Java System in this case)

When i try to configure SSL Connection i get SSN errors , please find the attachment for the error screen shot.

Please help me out in solving the errors and configuring SSL for Portal System.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks for the suggestions but my question was more relating to the Port enabling for HTTPS in AS JAVA and to be more specific as shown in the error screen shot attached is regarding SAPSSLS.pse which is not there in /sec dir. I know we can generate SSL Server PSE by using sapgenpse get command but i dont want to take that approach due to my setup limitations. So if some one can tell me how to generate PSE with out running sapgenpse so that i can add and activate Access points.

Hope i am clear, thanks in advance.

BR,

Shravan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

really your question is not clear.

As per my understanding

1) check with basis team wheter the port is active or not

2) check whether the web as java and ITS connections are configured correctly or not. if everthing is fine then click on Exportkeyview to view pse file

the error you are getting because of port is not active if i am not wrong

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rejesh,

Thanks for the valuable suggestions, but please check the screen shot attached in the original message. And Port 443 is default port which is normally open for  HTTPS and activated in our case, all we need we need is to activate by entering the access point set up in SSL configuration step.

Can you please explain why ITS needed in my situation? and regarding Exportkeyview is an option where u need .PSE certificate present in required path in OS level. Error screen shot clearly says PSE file missing so cannot use Exportkeyview anyways before solving PSE file thing.

Coming to my question: Want to know if PSE file can be automatically generated with out using sapgense commands.

Thanks,

Shravan.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

check this blog for SSL.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In version which is above 7.1, ICM takes responsibility to start SSL port. In this case, the dev_icm log needs to be checked, it's located in following folder:

\usr\sap\<SID>\<Instance>\work\

When open the log, there is error like followings:

[Thr 288] *** ERROR => Parameter "icm/ssl_config_4" not configured, but used in parameter"icm/server_port_4" [icxxpara.c   1408]

The following is resolution:

1. Open instance profile <SID>_<Instance>_<Hostname> in the following folder:
\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile

2. There is parameter icm/server_port_4 configured:

icm/server_port_4 = PROT=HTTPS, PORT=50001, SSLCONFIG=ssl_config_4

However there is no parameter icm/ssl_config_4 configured in the profile.

3. Please add parameter like following into instance profile <SID>_<Instance>_<Hostname>:
icm/ssl_config_4 = CRED=SAPSSLS.pse

which exact parameters need to be configured in icm/ssl_config_* can be decided by following document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/48/49c9363a79350ce10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards,
Tapan