cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Heap - Dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We scheduled several jobs on our MII 12.2 application/server and some of them (Daily,Weekly and Monthly) runs for a long time( 8 hours) .

The issue is we have been getting Java Heap space and memory dumps (.hprof and Addon files ) will be created in server0 and server1 nodes.

I guess , bacause of this dump or heap space , we are having Low E drive disc space  and also SAP MII application is down lot of times or we are loosing data server connections.

I need to delete this dump on drive to release the memory. Lot of times I need to restart the Netweaver.

1. Is there a way to avoid the dump created on server?

2. Can we place this dump in a different drive (may be C drive)? is there any configuration in the Netweaver side for this change?

we are planning to increase the RAM to 16 GB (currently 8 GB RAM and 20GB hard drive) and then Java heap.

Any suggestions and inputs will be helpful for me.

Regards,

Guru.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the above you can use the following JVM parameter to re-direct your heap dumps:

-XX:HeapDumpPath=<directory where to save heap dumps> 

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree/Christian,

Thank you for the reply.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurunadh,

First of all please get these dumps analysed to make sure what is causing this memory leakage.Only then you can avoid these dumps.

Regards,

Anushree

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would look at reengineering your long running jobs by splitting them into many short running jobs. Your server will then be able to manage its resources much better.