cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create TO in Bulk with HUM

DonnaA
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have found several threads that discuss this topic and while my configuration is set the same as directed, still having an issue.

The WM Sloc is HUM.  We are creating a pick TO for a BULK storage type.  The TO is not directing to the SU, which is correct, but the Destination SU is being filled in automatically and consuming the HU number range.

How can we not default a Pick HU?  All configuration for the Pick HU Control is set to blank.

Thank you for any direction.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please explain a bit more "Destination SU is being filled in automatically and consuming the HU number range." screenshot with steps being followed and the process steps at which u found the SU are getting stamped

also please share the Pick HU configuration detail

DonnaA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Configuration: Logistics General->Handling UnitManagement->Basics->Warehouse Management->Define Control for Automatic Creation of Pick HUs

Help documentation states:Flag for automatic creation of a pick-HU

Using this indicator, you can control whether or not a 'Pick handling unit'
is to be created automatically when you create a transfer order, depending on
the storage and movement types involved.

If this indicator is set, a pick handling unit is created automatically when
you create a transfer order. Otherwise, the required pick handling units must be
manually generated with a dialog after the transfer order is created.

If the indicator is set to 2, only the packaging material is determined. The
determined packaging material is set in the field LTAP-VHILM. No pick-HU is
created by the system.

Therefore, the configuration is blank, so as not to automatically create the Pick HU

Previous threads have indicated that the Pick HU control should be blank.  We have the configuration set as blank.  According to the help, this is control during Confirmation, not so much during creation.

Configuration:Logistics General->Handling UnitManagement->Basics->Warehouse Management->Movement Types

Help Documentation states:Control for HU pick

With this indicator you define -- in connection with the WM movement type --
how the system is to behave during confirmation of a complete stock removal of a
homogeneous storage unit (handling unit).

The indicator can have the following settings:

• 'space':
    On the confirmation screen, the first pick HU assigned to the TO
    is proposed as destination storage unit and the HU copy indicator is also set.
    In this way, the source storage unit is copied as the lower-level handling unit
    into the pick HU.
  • '1':
    On the confirmation screen, the issuing handling unit is proposed as
    the destination storage unit during confirmation of the TO item and the HU copy
    indicator is set.
  • '3':
    On the confirmation screen, the first pick HU assigned to the TO is
    proposed as the destination storage unit. The HU copy indicator is not set. This
    option should only be used if only the material or the lower- level handling
    units are to be picked from the issuing handling unit. If the issuing handling
    unit is a nested handling unit, the lower-level handling units must be entered
    during confirmation.

Irrespective of the current value of the indicator, the proposals for the destination storage unit and the HU copy indicator can be overwritten by the user on the confirmation screen.

The indicator only controls system behavior in confirmation if the respective
setting has been entered in Customizing for the storage type from which goods
are to be removed from storage

The HU Picking control field is space. 

Number range defined:  This is the HU number range object

Note current number is 1749

Now to create a TO via LT04

When I create the TO via stock removal foreground, the Destination SU is automatically populated and the number is from the HU number range object.

I do not save this TO and then I create a new TO and get the next HU number. 

Now when I look at my number range:

There is a buffering of 50, so it has now consumed those 2 HU numbers.

So every TO creation will use a new HU number and then during confirmation, the destination SU/Pick HU we want as the Source HU(when total SU is withdrawn/picked, which will be 98% of time).  You can see then that this will cause the number range to be used up quickly.

I have seen on SDN that some have had this issue and then resolved it.  Seems by making the Pick HU control blank.  This is not working for us.

SAP ECC 6.0 Basis 702 Patch 0012