cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to trigger Product CIF to ECC using BAPI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have the following issue, hoping anyone can help me out:

We use tr.code:  /SCWM/MAT1  to maintain a WareHouse-product. On the Warehouse-data page, I can change the field: Putaway Control Indicator.

After saving the change, the CIF-interface is triggered and an update is sent to ECC, where this field is mapped into the MaterialMaster-data.

Now I need this to be done in background, using a scheduled report.

I have created a z-report which can update the Putaway Control Indicator, exactly like in SAP GUI foreground. The only difference however is that the CIF interface to ECC is not triggered...!!!

I have tried FM: 'BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2'      and also     '/SAPAPO/DM_PRODUCT_POST_ONE'.   Both can update the Putaway Control Indicator, but no CIF is sent out!

I have also tried COMMIT_WORK, CALL FUNCTION '/SAPAPO/DM_MATERIAL_INIT',   etc etc., but did not succeed!

Anybody any ideas?

Thank you in advance!!

Best reg., Walter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,
"After saving the change, the CIF-interface is triggered and an update is sent to ECC, where this field is mapped into the MaterialMaster-data."

You mean this is working? You can trigger manually an update to be sent to ECC? Or this is your requirement? Because master data is NOT sent from EWM to ECC in the standard. And where would you want to map this field to? The PACI? Why that????? What would you want to do with it in ERP?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

After doing some investigation within our system I think you are right: It is not the CIF interface that is synchronizing product-data from EWM to ECC, but it is done in a BAdI by calling a BAPI in ECC.

So yes, this was a requirement. The EWM-field 'Putaway Control Indicator'   is mapped to the Picking-Area in ECC MatMas. (MARD-LWMKB).

I cannot tell you the exact reason or functional usage for this change,...

So thank you for your answer; you put me on the right track....

I will then also use same BAPI call to ECC in my report.

Best regards, Walter.

Answers (0)