cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Profiles and Tolerance Limit currencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a company code in USD in a Controlling Area with GBP.  We would like to create a new budget profile to use Object currency  (USD) and would like to know if I need to define tolerance limits for both GBP and USD?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leslie,

Customizing of tolerance limits has budget profile as a key field, therefore if you use more than one budget profile, you will need tolerance limits settings for each of them.

Instead of going out for multiple budget profiles I'd rather recommend using one budget profile where you select Object Currency settings for both availability control and budget entry.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Paulo!  What if they want different tolerance limits based on if it's USD or GBP?  Can they define tolerance limits for both?

Thanks for your assistance!

Best regards,

Leslie

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leslie,

There is no currency within definition of tolerance limits.  That means if you need them being different that will require several budget profiles.

I'd not see much sense of creating that based on currency, try to streamline and set corporate standards across legal entities.

Cheers,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Leslie,

You would need separate budget profiles to cater to your specific requirement.  Is the GBP and USD being used in the same Project Structure?? Say one WBS is working for GBP and other one in USD?

If yes then user has to be really mindful in choosing the right budget profile. I am not sure how this will work in real time scenario.. You may need to prototype this in your DEV system and see the system behaviour before  proposing this solution..

As mentioned by Paul, it is better to streamline the business based on company codes.. then currency and create projects for one company code with budget limits for that company instead of currencies..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Sammar!