cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Customer : Defaulting Account Group From Web Dynpro Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When we click on New Organization for creating a customer, Customer Creation screen will appear.

But I have developed one Web Dynpro application which will shows all account groups. When user click on New Organization, i am displaying my Web Dynpro Component ( Pop Up) which will display all Account groups. When user select Account group from these pop up, i have to default selected Account Group in Customer Creation Account group field.

For these, i have created Singleton class which i am calling when user select Account group and clicking on 'OK' button, I am getting Instance of Singleton Class and i am storing selected Account Group in Static Variable of Singleton Class.

But When cursor is going to feader class(Get Data Method) of Customer General Data UIBB (Where Grouping field is present), these instance is getting lost and it is creating new instance thats why my Account group field value (which user have selected and i have stored in Static variable) is getting lost.

Please Suggest me Suitable way of doing it.

Thanks..

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The singleton class instance is active in a single session. When you display a pop-up and then call the target application, you are jumping from session to another. Any way, one way to accomplish what you are trying to do, you can pass the account group as a URL parameter (good old ASP & BSP technique).

I'm wondering why do you have this pop-up window in the first place? Why not just make the BP account group mandatory so that users will have to pick a value always? If you don't want all the values in the drop-down, you can filter them out in the feeder class GET_DATA method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for your reply.

Ya i know Abdullah but thats a requirement, we have to do it.

I will try passing in URL Parameter, If you have suitable link link for these that will be a great help.

Thanks..

Regards,

Sudhir