Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client deletion takes longer time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our system is 4.6C/ Oracle 8.1.7

I would like to know is there any other way to speed up the client delete process. Last time , I deleted a client of size 51GB and it took 5.5days to complete.

I came accross a SAP note mentioning that deletion time will be reduced if it is done via R3trans command at OS level (R3trans ?w <log file name> -u 1 <command file name >)

I also came to know from note 365304 that deletion will run slow if FULL TABLE SCAN is turned ON in oracle. They recommend to change the Optimizer value to RULE in init.ora

Does anybody ever tried any of the above scenarios? Pls share your experience.

regards,

Vinodh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can give more than one process while scheduling the client deletion. this can help you to reduce the client deletion time.

cheers,

-Sunil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is answered reasonably.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Refer to SAP Note 70643, Problem 4

Some steps r recommended under this thread

This would also be helpful

SAP Note 377633

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinodh,

Once we had a very bad time deleting the client through OS level (using R3trans).

Since then we promised ourselfs never to try the R3trans stuff again

DO NOT forget to choose enough parallel processess for client deletion

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammey,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Have you ever tried changing the Full table scan to Rule?

I would like to know, will there be any impact if I change the optimizer to Rule. Please share your experience.

regards,

VInodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Finally, I have decided to go with the traditional SCC5 way of client delete with parallel processing option. I am exploring the possibilities of this option. Mean time, I would lilke to inform that I am deleting a client from my development server.

The Dev instance is shared with our QA instance on the same box. I am planning to use the processes available in 1 box.

I was going through the SAP help on parallel processing in BG jobs. In that, they have discussed about creating a RFC group for parallel processing.

My question is , do I have to create a RFC group even if I plan to use the processes of 1 box? Without creating a RFC group, shall I proceed with deletion using parallel processing option in my Dev system?

Also, Please throw some light on the impacts of changing the optimizer parameter in init.ora from Full Table scan to Rule.

Please clarify.

regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bringing it top....

Hi Gurus,

Pls share your experience on this regard.

regards,

Vinodh.

Message was edited by:

Vinodh Kumar Narayanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vnodh

I have delete the my test client from the DEV server using the SCC5 and remove the entry from t000 which was successfull, the clients deletion take time around 4/5 hours.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please be more eloborate?

Did you use parallel processing during client deletion? If yes, in SCC5 while selecting the parallel process there is an option to select the RFC group. Is this mandatory or we can ignore the RFC groups? How many parallel process does you select? I came to know that 2 processes can be used for 1 CPU, is this adequate?

pls share your experience.

regards,

VInodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh

I have not selected the "Parameter for parallel processing" while deleting the client, i had schedule in knight.

RFC required for the logon server group, which is assigned to a number of instances. When users log on, they connect to these groups and are automatically logged on to the instance with the best response time.

Server groups were used internally in background jobs to distribute the load.

You can define how many users may work on a particular instance

Regards

Anwer Waseem