cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process csv result of SAP JCo Interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I am new in MII and try to familiarize with that subject. We are using MII 14.

I created a transaction using a SAP JCo Interface calling RFC_TABLE_READ to get data from a table. That works fine.

But I have the following issue: The result is returned as csv, that is all data are separated by some delimiter. When sending those data to an xml, I have several lines but all having only one column...

so it looks like

<item>abc, def, ghi</item>

<item>jkl, mno, pqr</item>

etc...

I do have the table's structure available as the BAPI also returns the structure, but i am wondering how to split that csv string in order to assign it to the column headers?

What would be a feasible approach?

I searched in that forum and found 58 hits regarding RFC_READ_TABLE and three more dealing with splitting strings but nothing could answer my question.

Would be great if somebody could give me a hint where to look or how to proceed?

Greetings

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the String List to XML Parser Action.

String List to XML Parser - SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence - SAP Library

You can get the column values from the action output by index. See Jeremy's answer in the thread linked below:

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, thank you for your reply!

I in deed played around with that parse action before but it was the MII Row link you shared that eventually resolved  my problem.

For others dealing with that topic: For finally mapping data to my output document, I used the Data Item Action Block. I found a helpful linkhttp://scn.sap.com/people/adarsh.sidnoor/blog/2010/11/01/dynamically-add-columns-rows-and-data-to-il...

Answers (0)