cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing digicert SSL Certificate error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently our SSL Certificate of SAP Webdispatcher already expired, and i try to renew the certificates, and here the step i have done :

1.set SECUDIR environment variable

setenv SECUDIR /home/wdpadm/sec

2.generate PSE and CSR files

sapgenpse get_pse -p SAPSSLS.pse -x psepin -r webdisp.req "CN=company.co.uk, OU=my company, O=company name L=London , SP=London, C=UK"

3. Send webdisp.req file to CA (digicert)

4. After downloading generated certificate, i receive three certificate file

- TrustedRoot.cer

- DigiCertCA2.cer

- star_company_co_uk.cer

5. Upload certificate to server (with ftp client) under directory /home/wdpadm/sec where the PSE and CSR file generated previously

6. Importing certificate

sapgenpse import_own_cert -c star_company_co_uk.cer -p SAPSSLS.pse -x psepin

But there is error message :

import_own_cert: Installation of certificate failed

ERROR in ssf_install_CA_response: (1280/0x0500) No certficate with your public key found

7. i try combination certificate with other certificate i received, but resulting the same error

sapgenpse import_own_cert -c star_company_co_uk.cer -p SAPSSLS.pse -x psepin -r DigiCertCA2.cer

is there some step that i miss? appreciates for every reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The error message means that you are trying to import a certificate response that was not created from the current PSE. It seems that the key pair from the PSE was changed, so it is not possible to import the certificate response.

You need to create the CSR in the PSE, otherwise it is not possible to use it for SSL purposes in the web dispatcher.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Thanks for Replying.

after your reply i try to regenerate CSR and PSE files with

sapgenpse get_pse -p SAPSSLS.pse -x psepin -r webdisp.req "CN=company.co.uk, OU=my company, O=company name L=London , SP=London, C=UK"

After that i import all certificate together at once

sapgenpse import_own_cert -c star_company_co_uk.cer -r TrustedRoot.cer -r DigiCertCA2.cer -p SAPSSLS.pse -x psepin

then continue with creating security login for user <sid>adm and restart the application service.

and here are some helpful link related with SSL setup

Installation of SAP Web Dispatcher and SSL Setup (updated and corrected) - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

Creating a PSE for the Server Using SAPGENPSE - Network and Transport Layer Security - SAP Library

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/7c/f3d02c3b5e234e8ab2d43d9fd48d29/content.htm

Creating the Server's Credentials Using SAPGENPSE - Network and Transport Layer Security - SAP Libra...

Regards,

Firman

Answers (0)