cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint 2013 and SAP connectivity / SAP Gateway for Microsoft and Duet Enterprise 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are investigating the connection possibilities of SharePoint 2013 with SAP.

The basic scenario in our cases involves the transfer of documents and/or metadata from SharePoint to SAP possibly through a Workflow in SharePoint.

From my research the most promising official (no 3d-party) interfaces that can be used are the Duet Enterprise 2.0 and the SAP Gateway for Microsoft.

From my understanding both interfaces allow only the consumption of Data from SAP to SharePoint and not vice versa. Moreover the interoperability of documents seems not be supported. Are CRUD operations from a SharePoint native lists to SAP supported?

Can someone please clarify this topics?

I have found lots of documentation concerning the interfaces but not a clear answer to this questions.

Many thanks in advance!

Ioannis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ioannis,

both Duet Enterprise 2.0 and SAP Gateawy for Microsoft are looking at integrating SAP data into MSFT products (like SharePoint). However, the data can not only be consumed, but also written back to SAP (so CRUD operations are supported).

For Duet Enterprise there is even a template available that helps you to work with documents

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

this is great info thanks. Because in all overviews and descriptions from 3d Tools also from Microsoft side I was reading that only consumption and CRUD operations for lists are available, I though there is no other way.

Based on this paper, inside SharePoint, I assume that with a Workflow I can send documents from another site collection to this Workspace right?

In the example being used in this paper, one can choose the "Type" and "Storage Category" to link the document to the entity in SAP. Does this mean that I am free to link this document from this Workspace to any entity in SAP where I have the permission to do so?, or these linking occurs only for specific entities inside a Workspace in SAP created by Duet?

Thanx again!

Ioannis

Answers (0)