Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Measurement - How to change list of users from one category to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we are working on user measurement and found many users assigned to incorrect category. Now, we want to change these users from one category to another. The number of users to change is in thousands.

I checked in USMM and there, you can mass change users from one category to another but it will change all users from source category - Which I do not want.

I checked in SU10 and there, Measurement Data button is not available as in SU01.

The only option I have is to change each user manually in SU01 one by one but as there are thousands of users to chane, it will be very time consuming.

Is there any way to change mass no of users from one user category to another, selectively? Thanks in advance for your help.

SAP release - 46C

Basis - SAPKB46C17

ABAP - SAPKA46C13

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to above -

I found more information on user classification on SAP Marketplace.

<a href="http://service.sap.com/licenseauditing">http://service.sap.com/licenseauditing</a>

System Measurement Named User -> User Classification

Tools for user classification in the system

There are different ways of classifying users:

when creating a new user (transaction: SU01)

in the user list in the measurement program (transaction: USMM)

in user maintenance: mass change (transaction: SU10) - as of basis release SAP Web AS 6.20

in mass change in the measurement program (transaction: USMM, menu: environment - mass change)

in reference user (transaction: SU01)

You can find further information on user classification in the System Measurement Guide, Version 7.0, from page 18.

So it seems, there is no way I can do it as I required in 46C version.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try a LSMW to do the mass change.

For recording the batch input for the LSMW use tcode SU01 licence tab.

This will work.

Pl dont forget to award suitable points.

Regards

0 Kudos

Manas,

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, we are not moving any transports to production due to ongoing upgrade project (and ofcourse, cannot define LSMW/CATT cases directly in production).