Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Context limitation

kushagra_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have live SAP CLM 9.0 system for Procurement Contract business process.  Now we need to map a new business process (real estate contract) process in the CLM system. All the new business process master data and meta data are completely different for the existing procurement contract business process , hence we have decided for map the new business process in separate SAP CLM system. For new CLM system, we are exploring either go for new Enterprise Context in the existing CLM system or separate CLM system in server. We are listing down pros and cons of each approach and found following limitation in the enterprise context approach :

• Standard Localized resource re-naming is cross context impact
  • Any system property change is cross context impact

Appreciate if anyone can share his/her past experience on enterprise context and its limitation, it help us to take decision on new CLM landscape.

Thanks

Kushagra A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kushagra_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thanks again for replay. As per your suggestion we need a additional database schema on our existing Database. Do we need additional Application/application server in new hardware ?

Thanks

Kushagra A

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need separate application server resources to deploy the application on.  Whether those are in new hardware is dependent upon the capability/capacity of the current hardware.  Typically the answer would be yes new hardware.

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kushagra,

Separate contexts (multi-tenant) is exactly how the on-demand offering is hosted.  As far as the system properties are concerned, the ones that need to be different across tenants have enterprise level override capability.  As for the localized resources are concerned this depends on the version you are using. In the latest versions an enterprise level override is possible.  Further you could always use new localized resources rather than override existing ones through page customizations.  Neither of these "limitations" has been an issue as the system has been used in this model since version 6.0.

We have changed the security model to address some of the potential issues where one context could do something to effect the other. Using the available security model removes this potential.

Regards,

Gary

kushagra_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the replay. Its true that some of the standard localized resource are possible via page customization but now all. In our case we need to rename all the standard localized resource with name ‘Master Agreement’ to portfolio id in the new created context. In my knowledge it is not possible  via Page customization. One of such example is in following area:

Thanks

Kushagra A

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

The link doesn't work as it is behind a secured area apparently.   In the case you describe, that being you need two enterprises to have different standard resource content on items that aren't supported by page customizations. .. This won't work in a multi-tenant environment. As you are aware supplied resources are system scoped. New localized resources are scoped to the enterprise they were created in. Editing existing is system scoped, creating new is enterprise scoped.  Based on your requirement I would build separate database schemas for the two enterprises.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

i had few doubts about the multi-tenant system. The configuration objects like toolbar customization is system scoped or enterprise scoped. for example if we hide let's say reports toolbar in master agreements, will it be hidden across all contexts?

thanks

Dhiraj

kushagra_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

Page Customization is Enterprise scoped so if you make any changes in the page customization level it will not reflect in the other context.

Hope it help!

Best,

Kushagra A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushagra

thanks for your reply, i was referring to toolbar customization, for example if in main navigation we hide enterprise sourcing for one context, i assume it should not affect other context, am i correct in assuming that as well? also, in addition to localized resources (change in standard localized resources) is there anything which is system scoped? like security profiles?

thanks in advance

Regards

Dhiraj

kushagra_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

Toolbar Customization is also Enterprise Scoped so it will not affect the other context.

Standard LRs are System scoped but if you create new LRs then they are limited to that particular Context.

Security Profile is also Enterprise Scoped.According to me Standard LR is only System Scoped and rest Enterprise Scoped. If you enable User defined Master Data then it would reflect in other Context as well under Master Data.

Hope it helps!

Best,

Kushagra A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kushagra, that was helpful!