Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Monitor for MII Outbound messages

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a MII message monitor through we can keep a track of MII inbound messages. Do we have any way to keep the track of MII oubound messages. Outbound messages means, the one MII post/send to external systems using http post, IDOC, BAPI/RFC calls.

Thanks

Shaji Chandran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The data buffering functionality may meet your needs. It primarily deals with communication issues and not necessarily logic issues though.

Data Buffer - SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence - SAP Library

Because this type of functionality tends to be implementation specific typically you will have to build out your own infrastructure for this.

I think there is some of this kind of functionality demonstrated in the 12.2 examples project:

Regards,
Christian

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for your response.

I think Data Buffer will help only if the message communication asynchronous. In case I am doing a synchronous communication to other system will this help?  I mean  I need to wait for a acknowledgement and do some further processing according the response.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Shaji

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaji,

I think you are correct that the Data Buffer will not accommodate a synchronous scenario. You could try engineering your solution so that the other system sends its response thru a different channel for further processing etc.

FYI you can post messages to the message listener from MII itself and gain all of the monitoring and programmatic advantages of the message handling functionality.

Regards,
Christian

Answers (0)