cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RWB Error after SP08 Update for JAVA Stack Only PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am Running a Netweaver 7.4 sp08 Java stand alone usage type PO

We have an issue in  RWB after Java SP08.

http://FQD:xxxxx/rwb

Your system is configured with usage type AEX which indicates a Java-only system. Some functionality of Runtime Workbench might not work correctly.

When pushing Message Monitoring ----> i get Java exception error

Following error occurred while executing the application:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebIOException: Internal error occurred while parsing the jsp page [X:/usr/sap/XXX/J00/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt2/servlet_jsp/mdt/root/monitor/message_statistics.jsp]

Stack Trace info:

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.exception.JspParseException: The included file [/frames/usageTypeCheck.jsp] does not exist or is not accessible for browsing.

Error in file [X:/usr/sap/XXX/J00/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt.soa/servlet_jsp/mdt_soa/root/monitor/monitor_new.jsp]; line: [166]; position: [3]

Any one , any sap note??

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasJob
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Please use the new patches as documented in SAP note 2088841 (XI TOOLS 7.40 SP08, Patch 4 or higher and XI ADAPTER FRAMEWORK 7.40 SP08, Patch 5 or higher). They contain a fix for this error with the missing JSP file.

Best Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mention Note2088841 solved the issue. Thks. Andreas.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Configuration and Monitoring option should provide you all the options of RWB...

Also notice that RWB is not displayed at home page for single stack java from PI 7.4 version onwards

as RWB was collecting info from both stacks and now product is moved to single stack ...it's been replaced with other option...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Quesion is/was , i am not missing any option for message monitoring , there is to many ways to monitor Adapter engine . I usually use SOA and RWB to monitor . But i just missed the RWB option atfer SP08 update . I get a warning ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same issue. I haven't found any notes regarding this.

As a workaround I manually created an empty jsp file called usageTypeCheck.jsp in /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<XX>/j2ee/cluster/app/sap.com/com.sap.xi.mdt2/servlet_jsp/mdt/root/frames

This workaround did allow the Message Monitoring page to display without internal exception. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did the same and as workaround it works fine. SAP Support have no permenent solution for this issue, as Pimon is the new tool to use...

former_member208396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I am also facing the same issue. Have followed the note as well as work-around but the issue still persists. Any other steps needs to be followed after implementing work-around, which I am missing. Please suggest.

Regards,

Vishnu Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts/Patrick,

Could you please let us know how to resolve below issue what I am finding in RWB of Single Java Stack PO server 7.4 SP11.

We tried work around what you have suggested but it is not working .

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Samudra

AndreasJob
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Samundra,

This warning "Your system is configured with usage type AEX..." is shown by intention. Runtime Workbench is deprecated since 7.31 and you should use the new PIMON monitors (http(s)://<host>:<port>/pimon).

Runtime Workbench still works in 7.31 and later releases, but was not extended to fully support single stack PI/PO installations. So there might be some functionality not working or it might show some strange information. E.g. Component Monitoring shows you an (ABAP) Integration Engine although you don't have it. Most of the RWB functionality still works however.

Best Regards,
Andreas

former_member208396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your valuable input. The issue is resolved as per your suggestion.

Regards,

Vishnu Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try with pimon?(http://host:port/pimon)

Any specific reason to still use rwb but not pimon?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pimon and SOA-->Monitoring works fine, Not a specific reason, but i usually use RWB, where i Use Component monitoring, PerformanceMonit..... and so on,  I wounder if SP08 just disable RWB Message Monitoring functionality on purpose??. If it is so why Componenent monitoring or other functionality is still working????

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm on SP08 and i don't have any issues in message monitoring via RWB

May be it's time for us to switch and get used to so called improvements (NWDS, pimon)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are too many different ways to monitor, some very logical some not, but I wonder SP08 for Java Single stack will change parameter for RWB-->Message Monitoring???

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so. As i said i'm able to access RWB -> Message monitoring without any issues.

I'm currently on 7.4 SP 08 too.

May be try with different browser and if that doesn't help you might want to create an OSS message.