cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit SAP MDM workflow in MS Visio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running an MDM system on an Oracle DB.

MDM version is 7.1.10.

I have Visio 2010 installed on my pc, and it works fine by itself.

I navigate to the workflows screen in MDM Data Manager, and double click the workflow.

Visio opens, showing the workflow components.

When I click any component once, Visio freezes and shuts down.

I have tried to tweek security settings, with no luck.

Can anyone help me understanding this issue?

Thanks,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Is this happening with only your PC? Try accessing data manger with some other PC.

regards

vaibhav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

· MDM workflow Add-on allows MDM users to edit a workflow using Microsoft Visio Application.

· It is part of Data Manager Installation.

· It is being loaded by Data Manager when choosing to edit the workflow.

· It is compatible only at patch level of MDM since it access MDM repository data.

· Usually, the installation of Data Manager sets the required registry keys to enable it to load the workflow add-on successfully.

· In case you need to work with more than one Data Manager and edit workflow in more than one version the following information is essential:

MDM Data Manager looks for the following registry keys when clicking to edit a workflow:

1. Value "VSL Path" in key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\MDM 7.1\Client\Workflow" – It points to the exact location of MDM workflow add-on. Data Manager uses this information to set the appropriate keys in registry to enable Visio application loading the correct MDM workflow add-on.

2. Value "Update Visio" in key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\MDM 7.1\Client\Workflow.

Setting True value for this parameter (default) will cause Data Manager to set the location of workflow plug-in registry value of "VSL Path".

Therfore, You cannot work with MDM workflow Add-on at the same time for different Data Manager installed in diffrent directory paths.

Solution:
You can change the Data Manager path in the registry as follows:
VSL Path                    REG_ZS      C:\MDM\Data Manager
Workflow Enabled      REG_ZS      True

You can do that by setting Workflow Key in the registry saving each time a different set up and then Export the key to your local dirctory with different file name.
ruuning the regedit command with switch S (I think...check this in the web) and the file name will update the registry accordingly.

since usually this is done once in a while, thus is  a fair solution.
I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Malkiel Hadari
MDM Developer Support
SAP IMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the cause of the problem.

I have two MDM client versions on my PC, one for an MDM system and one for an SRM MDM system.

The workflow.vsl file is situated in the file structure for MDM.

However, Visio automatically set the SRM MDM file structure as default for add-ins and start up.

I had to uninstall the SRM MDM clients to be able to work with Visio.

Does anyone have a solution where I can keep both Client versions on the same pc?

KR,
Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I agree with Vaibhav's comment, please test this using other pc.

A possible cause is a bluetooth-add-ins which are enabled,disabling it can help resolve this.

Thanks,

Ravi