cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct link search for status drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We don't have an option in web UI for status attributes to set it as NE(not equal to ).  But in direct link search I have an option to set it as NE.

EMSEL_YN_OTE_STAT_BILL=(I;NE;YN_FULL_TRANSFERED;)

Will this work correct for direct link search ?

Thanks,

Shubh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shubh,

yes it should work.

In 7.0 it was also possible in the Web Dynpro Ui. Don't know why this was removed in 9.0.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

the search via the direct link should work and the correct result set of event handlers should be displayed on the search result tab. What not works is the correct population of the corresponding selection field. Therefore you will get a different result set, if you trigger the search again manually via the 'Search' button.

I will check what can be done here and give an update in the next days.

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Thanks . This will be perfect otherwise it totally confuses user.

Thanks,

Shubh.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

I check the behaviour in detail and made a correction: note 2103224

After the note is implemented, the behaviour will be the following:

• If you configured your selection field as 'Single Input' or 'Multiple Input' and fixed values are used (e.g. for a status field), no operands others than 'EQ' are supported. This is a limitation of the web dynpro control. You do not have the option to define the operand manually on the selection screen - 'EQ' is used implicitly. If you use an operand other than 'EQ' then in the direct link search, an error message will be shown.
  • If you want to use other operands with such selection fields, you have to use 'Range'. Then all operands are supported.

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel ,

Thanks for the note. The last question on this is, upto how many parameters can we search with direct link search.

Thanks,

Shubh.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the direct link search has no dedicated limit here (at least I am not aware of any), but the EM search BAPI supports a maximum of 20 different selection criteria. Therefore this will be the upper limit. You have to take all hidden selection fields of the related selection profile into account here as well, so normally the maximum for selection parameter in the URL will be some number less than 20.

Best regards, Daniel

Answers (0)