cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding reconstruct of project

former_member210342
Participant

Hi All,

I have a query regarding some reconstruction in SAP PS.

Suppose I have more than 1000 projects running with 100 project profiles.

there are some customization exist in configuration like:

1.partner parameter tab

2.Customized tab in WBS.

3. project creation is done by some program instead of cj20n.

4. budget is coming from IM.

Now I have made some chnage in budget configuration in ops9 like availability control.

Also there are some change database .

So I need to reconstruct everything to make reports proper. :- CJEN, CJBN, CJBW, CJBV.

Question is that..will It impact the database of customized field also ..

If yes then how ?

Please respond

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Every front entry does have a impact on backend (Database).

I hope it may help you to some extent.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for reply,

Can you please elaborate it once...--> "front Entry?"

I am not doing any entry , I am just updating or reconstructing database and  Avail. control...and others.

Will it also impact database of Z tables and database of standard table customized fields?

Regards

Rahul

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

customized fields have no impact on budgetary changes or for that matter cost changes.. these entries are stored in PROJ or PRPS or AFVC or AUFK  etc table depending upon where the customization was done..

The CJEN and other correction reports impacts PS logical database tables.. You can run these correction reports. It will not impact the custom fields..

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I meant front end entry. (The entries which we do on front end screen i.e main screen of any transaction).

Correction programs will impact the database.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

I got it ..thanks..

Let me ask same question from different angle.

suppose there is custmization tab added in wbs to record some data.

and data will get store in some z tables,  and with some logic we write the code that means If some standard data get updated by user then on that base  after logic again some data will get stored in that z tables

Now due to some issue it is not updating .

I asked from Abap Team ,,everytime they debug the program then only ..and automatically data get updated (something like stuck some where)

In this case, The CJEN and other correction reports can update it or not ?

I tried to explain here ..

Please respond

Rahul

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Your technical team should be able to figure out why the Z-Tables are not getting updated even though users are entering the data in standard fields.. I am not sure how your system is designed as to based on which standard field/s you are populating Z table, so its hard for me to comment..

As far as CJEN and other correction reports are concerned these reports are run to correct the Cost/Commitment/budget  inconsistency which may arise due to various factors..

If you think your Project database is not getting updated correctly i.e. your PROJ or PRPS table data  is not current.. then raise the issue with BASIS, they might be able to help you..else raise an OSS message with SAP..

Running correction reports in my view will not help...

Regards

Sammar

Answers (0)