Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all about PO installtion

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

i want to install SAP Netweaver PO 7.4 (Java only) with the latest (n-1) SPS 7. can someone tell me what should be the approach?

while checkingin the service marketplace, i could see that there is SR 2 for netweaver 7.4 system. while checking from MOPZ it was shows SPS 7 (n-1) for Netweaver 7.4. i am not sure how to equate this.

what will be the SPS version if i installnetweaver 7.4 SR 2? if the SPS was below SPS 7, whould i go for SUM upgrade?

there are Upgrade exports aswell. what should i do with this?

Thanks,

ASK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A SK,

You have to choose process orchestration.

Follow the path in the diagram and it will install the PO system for you

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ashutosh,

thanks for the input. it was useful in deed. can you also tell me in this way, will I get the usage types I need? not sure how to differentiate between PI and PO. i have attached the current PO system usage types. can you please check the attached pic and give your input

thanks again for the help

regards,

ASK

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

AAny input ?

thanks,

ASk

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A SK,

The usage type for PO system is AEX and BPM and the above are showing correct.

For PI system usagetype will be XPI but in PO it will be AEX with BPM/BRM

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

ismit possvile to install NWDI along with the PO installation . I?  i get a screen during PAS installation to integrate NWDI but not sure if this will install NWDI with the PO installation. As far as I remember, we used to,have a separate NWDI system with dedicated SID in net weaver 7.0 environment. what will happen If NWDI is installed along with PO. ? Will there be a separate SID asked for this during the installation process ?

thanks,

ASK

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Depend on your hardware resource, you can install the DI can be installed

BR

SS

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A sk,

NWDI is a development infratructure. So you don't need to check that box.

If you checked that box , then it will deploy the Development infrastructure packages along with the PO.

As per the requirement in project you can take the decision.Though it is not a mandatory.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,,

Thanks for the response. the project requiremt is to have NWDI with the PO landscape. so i have selected the NWDI tool aswell. Now i have a concern, i have completed SCS and DB installtion and completed the steps of PAS (Primary application server) until Summary and ready for Execution but untill now, i did not get an option to choose the USAGE TYPES. how will the system know what all USAGE types i want!!

FYI , i had selected,  SAP Netweaver 7.4 SR2-->MS SQL Server-->SAP Systems-->Optional Standalone Units-->Process Orchestration

kindly assist with this

thanks,

ASK

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

any helpful input is greatly appreciated !!

thanks,

ASK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Could you refer the Master guide link and snapshot which takes about SP levels

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000896802012E/mg_nw740sr2.pdf

BR

SS

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. Can you please tell me which one to select form SWPM GUI? please refere to the attached picture

thanks

ASK

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ASK

First one, you are going to install the Distributed environment

BR

SS

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

THanks for the quick response. so i can ignore the 'ASCS instance' and start the installtion from 'SCS instance'. am i corret? (as already said, we want only java)

thanks,

ASK

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it should be a dual stack(ABAP & JAVA stack), so you have to do both, have you refer the installation guide.

BR

SS

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

i had already said we want to do a java only installtion. even the current PI/PO 7.3 system is a java only. now tell me which option i should select to start the installtion?

thanks,

ASK

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can skip ASCS if you want JAVA only PI (OR install AS JAVA)

May be SWPM is giving 2 options as dual stack installation is only possible for PI for NW7.4.

*I myself have not done this PI on 7.4 installation.. but this is my understanding is.

Regards,

Ashish

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is JAVA you have to select SCS

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A sk,

SapNetweaver 7.4 SR2 is based on SPS8 patches 0.

You don't nead to download Installation export as it is for ABAP.

You need to download the Java component CD 51048524_6 and 51048524_7.

Also do check the sapnote 789220 - Support Package levels for SAP NetWeaver installations/upgrades

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get the master guide and installation guide for netweaver version.

Learn about the required usage type that you need to select during installation.

Refer wiki  SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki

For configuration

Configuring Process Orchestration (PI-CP) - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - SAP...

Regards,