cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM GRC integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have integrated SAP IDM 7.2 with SAP GRC 10.0. When we ran the initial load we are getting the error as per the attached screenshot.

Is this the error from SAP IDM or GRC?

How can we rectify the error.

Thanks.

Prajakta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prajaskta,

Please follow the steps I provided with my earlier response for activating GRC web services.

Try first activating service: GRAC_LOOKUP_WS with the steps I given earlier and you will see that after running initial load you will get error for different webservice.  You need to enable all GRAC* services.

Let me know in case any issue.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

GRC team activated all the web services GARC* as per your steps. But still GRC initial load is throwing the below error. (same error ). Kindly suggest.

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Prajakta

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prajakta,

Can you please send the active GRC Webservice  screenshot ?

I want to ensure the names of webservices and created config is same or not?

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak ,

Please find the attached screenshot.

We have activated all the GRAC* services as per the first screen shot.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Prajakta

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay.

Can you please change the opeation log in VDS to Debug mode and then send the logs after running initial load ?

Guess you should be able to find the issue with VDS operation logs.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

the operation logs in VDS are in Debug mode only, but when we ran Initial load then nothing is coming in the logs. Kindly suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta ,

Is this error resolved or are you still facing the same issue ?

If you are not getting the error in VDS Log, you need to check following

1. Password set for GRCUSER in IDM , Is this configuration done properly ?
  2. VDS - Service is activated . If enabled in WINDOWS , please check whether GRCSERVICE is active ?

Please check . We faced this issues in our implementation too.

Thanks ,

Jerry George

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prajakta,

After checking your error again its look like error is because of the service name of your web services in GRC do not match with the web services defined in VDS.

Please make sure you assign the service name as same as GRC Web service name , As given in my screenshot.

This should work then

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Following is the screen shot we received from GRC team on activating the webservices.

But when we ran initial load , then again we have got the following error.

Can you please help us how we should move ahead? What are the other configurations or check we need to confirm with GRC / within IDM?

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Prajakta

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Please find below:

Click on Create:

Specify the name service name same as web service as following:

at the bottom choose authentication method :

Click on save and then you should see service status as Active.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

I hope you already created a configuration in VDS for GRC connectivity and provided all relevant information i.e GRC Server, Port and user name. Once done verify if VDS is up and running for GRC connection.

Second: At IC level once you import GRC 10 repository framework it will create a GRC10 repository, Define the user name and password for grcuser as you updated while configuring VDS.

Third: All GRC webservices needs to be activated with the same name as GRC webservice, i.e when

create configuration with same name as webservice, else it will give you an error.

Enable VDS operation logs at debug mode, and send us the logs if error occur again.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Our VDS configuration is done and working fine

2. At IC level , we have imported the GRC Framework and done with configurations.

3. Can you please tell me how GRC Web services to be activated? is there any document or steps mentioned?

We would like to confirm that the web services have been created and activated properly.

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Prajakta

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

usually you will find the error in the trace of the SOAMANAGER in AC. I suggest you to sit together with your counter parts from AC and do a trace on AC while VDS is trying to call the web services.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our GRC team activated the web services.

Also, added grcac2010lookup.jar in VDS.

But when we again ran initial load for GRC , it gives the same error.

Can Anyone let me know what are the exact webservices needs to be enable from GRC,

If we would like to crosscheck from GRC team?

Also, any other configuration in IC /VDS/ GRC is required?

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Prajakta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

Please add grcac2010lookup.jar in classpath of VDS,If all webservices are activated from GRC side.

You can find it in VDS ---> Tools ---> Options,Similar to something like this below.

Regards,

Ali.

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prajakta,

I believed you followed the steps given in configuration guide to integrate IDM with GRC.

VDS calls GRC webservices to do many tasks such as reading roles from GRC, Reading priorities, request type etc. For all such operations there are different webservices which needs to be activated, all webservices you can find in GRC with *GRAC*

Please ask your GRC team to activate all webservices.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak for prompt response.

Yes, we followed the steps in configuration guide.

Will ask GRC team to follow the mentioned steps for activating the web services.

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Prajakta

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prajakta,

Plase check your VDS connectiona and make sure you have enabled all GRC related web services in GRC.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak...

Can you please let me know how to do that?

We don't have access to GRC, GRC Team has to do that and we need to provide them the steps.

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Prajakta