cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval level is Role, but request goes to escape path when 1 of the roles, does not have owner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The Task setting at stage level(there is only 1 stage) is 'System and Role' is shown below. There are 2 roles in my request. one has role owner, and the other does not. but the request goes to Escape path. what can be the reason. I have tried with level = role. but request still follows escape path

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Set the parameter 2038 (Auto Approve Roles without Approvers) to YES.

Create a Path with No stages and link it to your path GRAC_ROLEOWNER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhi,

in one of the threads(i will try to give the link later), it was mentioned that 2038 as YES, is applicable for all other approvers, except Role Owner.And, rightly so, my request again went to Escape path. Further more, why and how do i link, GRAC_ROLEOWNER stage to another path, when i already have Routing rule for SOD.SOD Routing rule in GRAC_ROLEOWNER stage is normal config.

regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

2038 is applicable for roles. Please try the same after setting this parameter to YES.

Regards,

Abhi

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plaban,

parameter 2038 is only for auto approve roles without approvers in access reqests. Hence please set to YES and try again.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi and Alessandro,

i had tried 2038 as YES, before my previous post, and have re-tried. My request still goes to Escape path.So, do you suspect any other missing thing. Meanwhile, I am trying to see through MSMP instance monitor.

regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plaban

Since Roles at the Role-Owner stage requires an Approver to route to next stage and out of 2 Roles as mentioned by you earlier  ,1 Role don't have a Approver it automatically chooses the Escape Route.So MSMP doesn't determine path for 1 Role only since both the roles are part of the same request.

Therefore either both the roles should have Role Owners defined or both can have them missing .

Try removing the role with no role owners and it should work.

Please let us know how it went .

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

There is only 1 stage. So,when request is submitted, it goes to the role owner stage, and then on approval by role owner, it is provisioned. Furthermore, 2038 is YES. So, roles not having approver should be auto-approved.

If all Roles have role owners, then request is functioning properly

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plaban

That's what I am trying to explain that either all roles without role owners go to escape route or roles with role owners goes to role owner.Half n Half won't work since there is 1 stage only and SAP hasn't given functionality where  it can decide .

So either the full request will go to the Escape route or won't go.

I hope  I am able to make you understand the point.Please let me know if you need any other information on the same.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

This is a common scenario, where 1 new role. might not have been assigned Role owner. so, is there any note so that roles having owner, will go for approval?

Also, request going to escape path, proves that 2038 as YES,  does not work, as it is supposed to.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

You can make use of agent GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER for routing the roles without owners.

Since you want the roles without role owners to be auto approved, create a path with NO STAGES and based on GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER routing rule route those line items to the path with no stages.

Stage Settings

Route Mapping

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I have only 1 stage(for New/Change path), and in that stage , GRAC_MSMP_DETOUR_SODVIOL is placed as Routing role. So, could you say, where you meant to place the routing rule:GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER.

Also, for a path with no stages, i think, the request will get lost. So, how does this help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "No-roleowner" configuration has to be defined at the initiator level and not at the stage level - as there's only 1 stage.
The application will look to find an approver at the stage, before it catches the detour condition, so if the approver is not found, then it calls the Escape.
You should define a condition at Initiator, to move the request to 2 different paths -
1 - for path with role owner.
2 - for path without role owner.

The parameters 2038 is better explained in the note 1757735.

All the best!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks very much for your efforts. this issue is resolved by introducing a new stage before Role Owner, and adding Routing rule:GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER. This routing rule leads to a path with no Stage. Thus role with no role owner is approved.

regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set the Routing Level as "Line Item level" rather than "Stage Level" and then re-try.