cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication from Database Views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to replicate data from a Database View in ECC to HANA.Is there any SLT DMIS version that supports data replication from Views? Replication should work from: ECC-->SLT-->HANA

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also trying to replicate a database view from ECC ->SLT->HANA which uses the tables EDIDC,EDIDS,

a view is built on based on the DOCNUM column from both tables as join condition along with few filter condition for EDIDC.Please let me know if I can do so without replicating a tables into HANA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is supported with DMIS2011 SP6:

-Support Views for initial load and / or replication (view must contain key fields of original table)

Views can be database or projection views.

Best,
Tobias

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

We are planning to upgrade the DMIS in SLT system to latest SP7 to get this View feature? Our ECC system is currently at SP4 and it is compatible SLT SP7. Is it mandatory to update the DMIS in source systems also to get this new View feature?

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

only SP7 on the SLT box should work.

Best,

Tobias

former_member203134
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

In order to replicate the database views, is it mandatory to replicate the base tables which are used for that view?

Thanks,

Swapnil

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

It is mandatory to replicate the underlying tables.

Regards

BJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not replicate all the tables to HANA that are contained in my database view, unless I need them for other purposes. I have 3 view tables that I am using in production.

So no, you don't have to replicate all linked tables.

However, you must ensure that there are consistency, i.e. that all records are updated in all linked tables when you replicate.

I.e., if you join VBAK and VBAP, you must be certain that VBAP is not updated before VBAK is updated, otherwise you will risk that the view will not select any records during replication.

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

could you please guide on how we may replicate view via SLT. KBA 2847419 says to replicate all the tables involved in the view. But that does not suffice the requirement.

Andrey_M
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Starting from S/4HANA 1909 it's possible to replicate views. But replication of view means that all underlying tables will be replicated. SLT just creates the view on top.

Answers (0)