cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A different type of requirement...can gATP help?

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

gATP Gurus,

Please take a look the following scenario....

1. Our customers require the materials to be delivered on a specific date(not before and not after)and we always do tha without issues.

2. For example we have stock of a material which is promised for 14 days from today and no more stock is available now.

3. Now we get a sale order asking for the same material 5 days from today. But the existing stock is with the sale order 14 days from today. The thing is we can produce the material in 7 days.

What we want to is this:

We want the systen to give the stock to the new sale order and create a manufacturing order with the CTP functionality which will service the 14 day sale order.

We know CTP generally will take care by creating a planned order for a sale order. But can we achieve our requirement seamlessly is the question I am pondering over.

Any help will be highly appreciate.

Thanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Subash,

Yes you can achieve this requirement by using standard CTP functionality (with "Availability Check first, then Production" in checking instructions).  As there is no pegging, CTP will create planned orders according to the deficit.

The issue is only of confirmation of the second requirement in your case which nightly BOP can take care. If you want immediate confirmation for the second requirement over the first one, you may explore Reassignment of Confirmation (ROC) functionality of GATP.

Parth Soneji

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49 and Parth for your response.

We already have CTP and that is why this requirement was brought up, like if we can do this why can't we do this...

I will explore and get back with the results...

Subash

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Subash

Were you able to resolve the issue? If yes, please mark the answers correct / helpful and close this thread. Thanks

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subash,

I assume you are talking about MTS and not MTO.  I further assume you are not using fixed pegging, which obviously does not allow automatic 'switching' of supply elements.  Please confirm.  

I see no reason why standard CTP wouldn't meet your requirements.  When you tried it, what exactly were the results that you found unsatisfactory?  For that matter, what makes you think that GATP 'gives' stock to one sales demand, and 'gives' a planned order to another sales demand?  GATP product check doesn't normally do any pegging of supplies..........

Best Regards,

DB49