Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Flat to Idoc Xml conversion error in sender file adapter

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to convert Idoc flat format to Idoc xml format by using sender file adapter. I have configured SAP_XI_IDOC/IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor bean in Module tab of sender file adapter and SAP release, Source JRA, Target Destination values in Module configuration. I have done necessary configurations in NWA also.  When I tried to pick the Idoc flat file from AL11 by sender file adapter, file adapter throws error like Error: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2. where was the issue? And another thing I observed is while restarting the PI server, the file is being picked and processed. After restarting, Again the same error is throwing. I cant understand where and what was the issue? Any help would be great appreciated..

Thanks.

Regards,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

The problem would be in IDOC flat file. Please check if you have any special char in flat file. you can also validate the file via SAP system (by uploading idoc via CG3Y).

regards,

Harish

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your quick response. If that is the case, Why it is being processed during restart of PI server. If flat file contains invalid characters that should fail at all times..  Please give your inputs

Regards,

Ashok.