cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP6 EhP7 installation on SAP NW7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I recently installed SAP NW7.4 using the Software Provisioning tool of SAP. Now I want to install SAP ERP6 EhP7 on top of SAP NW7.4.

I do not want to do a fresh installation of SAP ERP6 but install it on existing NW7.4.

I tried to find the information in various installation guides of NW7.4 and ERP6 but couldn't find it. I hope this is possible.

Please help and guide.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I do not want to do a fresh installation of SAP ERP6 but install it on existing NW7.4

This is not possible as EHP7 for ERP 6.0 is part of SAP Business Suite 7i 2013. When you started the installation you should have installed ERP 6.0 EHP7 under SAP Business Suite 7i 2013. If you want to upgrade an existing system to EHP7 then the system should be ERP 6.0.

Reagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan,

Thanks for a prompt reply.

Does that mean my Netweaver 7.4 installation is useless now, as ERP6 EhP7 already has NW7.4?

Is there an advantage of keeping NW7.4 system?

Also, by any chance do you know, if I can use same Database Instance and Schema? I had installed a single Oracle DB instance for NW7.4 system.

Regards,

Ravi

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

If you need an ERP 6.0 EHP7 system, you will need to do a fresh installation like I have mentioned above. You can avoid the Oracle software installation but you will need to drop the existing database before you start the ERP installation as the ABAP components are stored in the database.

Reagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan. I started fresh installation as suggested. For the DB right now, I am using a new Schema name.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)