cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML Authentication in SAP PI 7.4 Single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having a requirement in which SAP PI is expected to be a mediator for ECC for authenticating the SAML tokens sent by ADFS (MS -Active directory) server. I am using SAP 7.4 single stack.

The SAML tokens are generated by ADFS and is expected to pass either directly to ECC or preferably through PI with PI providing the SAML WS end-point to ADFS to handle the request and send the same to ECC via ABAP proxy.

What i am looking at is that

1. Whether PI can authenticate SAML tokens generated by ADFS? Can this be acheived by configuring trust between ADFS and SAP PO? I have read that it was supported earlier in dual stack using WS adapter but not possible in single stack. But all the blogs were almost couple of years old. Hence wondering whether SAP had any support now (maybe with Axis adapter).

2. Incase above is not true, whether PI can pass SAML token via Principal propagation using SOAP sender adapter to backend ECC server.

The whole idea behind such an architecture is to avoid direct communication with ECC exposing WS end-point.

Anyone had an experience in this please share. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

SAP confirmed that SAML authentication is not supported in single stack PO. It was supported through WS adapter.

Regards