cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bobi 4.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May i know about the "WDeploy"  (give detailed description). and also Upgradation management tool.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Wdeploy is a tool delivered with BI4.0, this tool is used to deploy the BI4 web applications to various web application servers.

Where can I find BOE.war?

Windows: <BusinessObjects Install Dir>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\WARFILES

How to Wdeploy the war?

1) With Wdeply tool:

For deploying all the Web apps directly use the Wdeply tool

Install SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 with the automatic deployment option to the

default Tomcat 6.0

Run Wdeploy GUI tool ( Start > Programs > SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 > SAP

BusinessObjects Enterprise > Wdeploy)

For "Choose Deployment Action", select "Undeploy all SAP BusinessObjects Web

Applications from the server"

Select "Tomcat 6.0" as Web 4. Application Server

Specify the property value of Server Instance and Service Name(By default:"localhost",

"BOEXI40Tomcat")

Specify the property value of Application Server Domain Roor Directory (Be default:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6")

Click Run

2) With CMD line:

Please check the below SAP Note to have complete details about deploying particular warfile using Wdeploy.

1608960 - How to deploy war files in BusinessObjects BI 4.x using the wdeploy

command line utility

Upgrade Management tool is used to migrate the data from one version to latest version, Refer the links for more details

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/How+to+Upgrade+to+BI4.0

Fun with the BI4 Upgrade Management Tool | EV Technologies, Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

The above materials are useful for me but my dought is, already we are using with BI4.x,then what

we  are upgrading (did you mean in company we have both 3.x server and 4.x server and upgradation from 3.x server to 4.x).so explain umt in detail

Regards

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Assume that your company having BI 4.x and they want to migrate to BI 4.1 server then in this case we use Upgrade Management tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi shankar

Answers (0)