Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change condition record daily automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is requirement that:

The price of a material changes daily and a new price needs to be set.

Is there a way that we can change the condition record daily automatically or through any program for multiple products.

Thanks in advance

Regards

MKS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish,

Thanks for this interesting thread!

Which industry are you working for? and what products?

Do prices changes several times in a day?

When creating a billing document, what is the pricing type?

How do you want to change the condition record? keep the earlier prices for the past period and then create new price for the next day etc. or overwrite the price (keeping valid from and valid to dates constant)?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I am working for vegetable oil manufacturing industry.

Price almost changes one time in morning.

At billing I have not decided the price type? What should I chose?

I want to keep the old day prices for historic price report day wise.

Please help me how to achieve this.

There is one more thing that:

Based on one pack eg 15 ltr pack price is decided then the price of 1 ltr or 2 ltr pack is decided based on a calculation.

How to maintain the price of all the materials automatically every morning.

Regards

MKS

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

As already mentioned, it should be only through a custom built program or a BDC to update the exchange rate automatically.

You can put this program as a batch job and once you provide your file in the directory in SAP, the program should be able to take the file and update the exchange rates.

Normally people also link SAP to a forex system for getting the exchange rate automatically and update the same in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

thanks yes this is the probable solution I can also guess.

There is some calculation on the exchange price then the final price is updated as condition record.

For now the custom development is only seen as solution.

Regards

MKS

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mr.Navneeth is talking about the Exchange rates which deals with currency conversion but you are talking about the Price change,plz can you clarify the same

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If all of your materials/ businesses use this pricing schema, you might want to explore the Commodity Pricing Engine solution offered by SAP.

Thanks,

Ravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravin,

Thanks for ur reply.

The price of raw material changes so the end price of finished product is changing.

I do not know much about commodity pricing engine.

Regards

MKS

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As specified by the members if there is any Logic of the Increase of Price Daily you can maintain in the excel or Formula in the BDC programme and schedule a background job dialy at certain time under SM36

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How does the price change daily? Is it fix change or variable? How the system would calculate daily change? Please explain this in details with some example if possible.

If it is fixed change then it can be done through a pricing routine. Write code in a routine and add some fix percentage amount in price.

If it is variabkle change then its best to create an upload and run upload on daily basis.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MozzaM,

The price is dependent on exchange price and dollar price.

There are 2 issues:

1. How price calculation shall be done based on few dynamic and few static parameters?

2. How price maintenance shall be done for the daily change in price?

Regards

MKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of our business , we are using TCURR table to take care of exchange rates . Again here this needs to be updated Daily/Monthly as required.

Let me know if you need further details on this.

Thanks/Rajesh

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

This could be done but not in standard system. You have to go for an ABAP program. Everything could be done on one click but for this you need to ask your ABAPER to do this for you. Tell him the logic and calculation. He will write the program and use some BAPIs.

For ABAPer. mYou could create a program and take current pricing data from KONV and A*** tables. Check in which table price is being maintained. Add exchange rate or whatever calculation user required. Save this new price in come notepad file and call a BDC upload program here which you have to create for VK11. This will maintain new price in relevant tables automatically. I know this is not an easy task but this is possible.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks it will be good if u can give me more details on this.

Actually the sales price changes based on rate of raw material from exchange and there are some additional surcharges to it .

It is this sales price which has to be maintained with multiple combinations.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can do this by :--

01. Create Custom program to change Condition records with the option to pick prices from Excel file maintained for Prices.

02. Run thru this batch Job Daily. This will change the condition record as per your excel file maintained.

03.you can put this excel file from some file share , from where this program can fetch prices to be changed.

Discuss with developer on this lines.

Best Regards/Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh.

The custom solution is in the mind but can there be any standard solution to change the condition record daily.

Regards

MKS