cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to specify more that one ini file for users?

0 Kudos

We use Server based ini for the users. There are over 100 systems including sandbox systems that are added to a single ini file. Most users only logon to ECC Production system but see all the 100+ systems.

The idea to have separate ini for Production, Quality, Development and sandbox. If the user has an account in quality, then he/she sees Production and Quality in the Logon pad. If the person has an account in Dev, then the person will see Prod, QA Dev and Sandbox systems.

There is a work around by maintaining more than one ini in different directories. But when a new Production system is built, then we have to add those to three ini files which is possible but has less takers.

I like to explore if there is easier work around by adding one system in just one saplogon.ini.

Just FYI.

I submitted this as a potential idea. Please vote if like the idea.

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=48C09637-9BC1-4FE2-98C6-BDB441806C88&idea_id=049C90A6-...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yuki_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortuantely it is not possible to have each saplogon.ini for each system.
And as of GUI7.40, the .ini file will be replaced by SAPUILandscape.xml, and GUI 7.40 will be the last version which handles .ini file.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

We actually use four different SAPGUI Installation Servers, one each for Sandbox, DEV, QAS, and PRD, and we use server-based saplogon.ini files for them. For almost all users, they only use the PRD installation server, and so they only see the PRD SAP system in their SAPLogon. Our UAT group uses the QAS server, and the configuration/development team uses the DEV server (which actually includes the sandbox SAP systems). The sandbox installation server is for Basis testing of GUI distributions.

Not only does this allow me to separate groups to seeing only the SAP systems they need to see, but it also allows me to test GUI patches or changes to scripts or packages through the same logical sequence as we do on the SAP servers themselves.

Yes, it means that if there is a new or changed production system it needs to be maintained in all four saplogon.ini files. I make this easy by having a desktop shortcut that calls saplogon.exe with the /ini_file command-line parameter for each server, so that rather than editing the files directly I can maintain them using SAP Logon. This is much easier and less error-prone. Doing so opens the file in edit mode, whereas normally the entries are read-only for end-users.

Regards,

Matt