Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Kindly guide as what will be the best C-Project structure to

handle the below which might involve:

1. Resources from Multiple Company codes under same controlling area

2. Resources from Multiple Company codes under different controlling area

My scenario is a New Product Development scenario in which resources from

multiple part of the world will collaborate. It also needs accounting integration

with Backend WBS elements, time confirmation need to happen using CATs. Should multiple CProjects need to be created and

for each company code (as a sub project) and connected using Tasks assigned to Sub Projects ???? Please guide.

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

Yes you would need multiple C projects in case of Different Controlling Area. because from PS end you cannot have two controlling areas within a single project..so for companies falling under different Controlling areas you would require to create separate projects..

for the different companies in same controlling area you can use the same cproject as in PS you can have different company codes working in one project..

hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sammar for the answer and confirming. I think one option might still work for multiple controlling areas: For multiple controlling areas, creating Multiple PS Projects (one each for controlling area) , and still creating one CProject with multiple phases. Each CProject Phase Account Assigned to one PS Project WBS Element (with unique controlling area) and keeping CProject Project Definition having no account assignment. I hope this set up should also work for Multiple Controlling for a Global Project using resources from all parts of world. Do you agree??

Thanks,

Sachin

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

This will  not work.. As you don't have org. structure maintained in C Projects. what happens is once you account assigned it to the PS Project.. The project profile created in PS for Integration of cproject Phases and PS Project takes control. And in Project profile you can enter only one Controlling area.

therefore for multiple Controlling Areas you definitely have to create separate C projects linked to separate project profiles in PS..

For same controlling area you can go with different phases of the cproject as different company codes..

Hope its clear now..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sammar. I am closing the

question and awarding you full points for the useful information.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sammar one last question. As you mentioned for different controlling areas it will be different C-projects so should I use CProject's --Sub Project gameplan (Cproject multiproject theory that is assigning the individual CProjects to Tasks belonging to an umbrella cproject), Basically from reporting perspective I wanted to bundle multiple CProjects. Do you advise this or a CProject Program concept (Also part of CProject MultiProject theory)

Regards,

Sachin

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

In my view it should be a program, as multiple Controlling areas are involved. Rest it depends upon how your business wants to see the reporting in Cprojects..

Regards

Sammar

Answers (0)