cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to do SAP SD professional certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Kindly advise me how to proceed for writing SAP SD Professional certification.

As per my search in Google i could found many related documents and links of Associate level SD certification. But i could found only one document related to SD Professional certification details but again this had not cleared my doubts.

FYI.

I Have 5 years around SD experience which includes Support Roll outs and Up gradation projects exp.

My queries as below:

1. What is the exact eligibility criteria for writing SD Professional certification exam?

2. Do i need to take any training for writing the above exam like Associate level?

3. Where can i get the study materials?

4. What is the exam fee?

5. Last question, is it better preparing for the Professional certification or CRM certification which one is the correct decision, which will give value addition to my profile?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on where you are writing the examination. If you are writing in India, you need to contact SAP Education in India. They have the evaluation process, once you pass the evaluation process, then you would be eligible to write the exam.

Look at the latest exam syllabus:

https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/p_sd_65-sap-certified-application-professional---order-f...

Though passing associate level examination is not a pre-requisite for professional exam. However, you are expected to have 8 to 10 years of solid consulting / business process knowledge.

Please note SAP materials are copy righted materials, they are not available for free distribution.

Exam fee would be INR 50,000 +. Please contact SAP Education in India (if you are in India)

Being SD Consultant, professional exam would be much useful to you. It is also not bad idea to give CRM Certification, if you are personally interested in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos
are expected to have 8 to 10 years of solid consulting / business process knowledge.

Thanks for Ravi for your prompt reply.As you advised will contact India SAP since am from India.

Please confirm is the above 8 to 10 is only IT(SD Project exp) or it includes both SD exp as well as domain exp of my sales ?

thanks,

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

This is not a mandatory experience. However, recommended to attempt the examination.

If you are in other countries like UK or USA, nobody would ask you regarding your experience to attend any Certification. Therefore, it is only recommended. Whereas, in India, the rules are slightly different. I am not exactly sure how many years of experience they would expect. Sometimes, it depends on case to case basis. Therefore, SAP Education India could advise you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your time, surely will check with SAP India.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

leonpellegrini2
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. What is the exact eligibility criteria for writing SD Professional certification exam?

Knowledge only, you'll have to do an exam, and If you do it well, you've got certified.

2. Do i need to take any training for writing the above exam like Associate level?

Here in Brasil It´s necessary, you can do the exam, only if you do the training in an official partner.

3. Where can i get the study materials?

Every where and the official partner trainning will offer also.

4. What is the exam fee?

Here in Brasil are R$ 500,00 reais

5. Last question, is it better preparing for the Professional certification or CRM certification which one is the correct decision, which will give value addition to my profile?

Depends on your carreer focus, but the professional certification have for both.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Knowledge only, you'll have to do an exam, and If you do it well, you've got certified.

Thanks for your replay. i think you did not understand my question completely.As per my awareness and information i have for writing the professional exam you need to have minimum 4 and half years SD project exp, in which i think 2 implementation exp is mandatory, then only you can write the exam.

Even though you have enough knowledge to pass the exam let us assume if you have only 2 years of SD project experience you can not write this Professional certification exam. this is what i was asking.

I think you are talking about Associate level SD certification for this it does not require any experience, if you have money simply you can join in any authorized training centre by paying required money for Training fee+exam fee  then can appear for exam.

thanks,