Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter : Access Local Folder

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am trying File-To-File Scenario using File Adapter with local system as sender and receiver. Through forum I came to know that we can use GuildFTP as FTP server and configure business system.

Is anybody tried doing this?. I would like to know how to test this GuildFTP after configuring and what steps must be done in SAP XI Integration directory to pick and push files to local folders.

Many Thanks.

Regards

Nagendra Krishna (Krishna)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

go through this weblog and follow the steps,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

crate input and output folders manually inside ftproot and place ur input file in "input" folder.

In ur sender comm channel,

Source Directory : input

File Name : ur file name (eg. input_file.xml )

In receiver comm channel,

Target Directory : outut

File Name : ur file name (eg. output_file.xml )

dont forget to run(start) FTP.

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Many thanks for all involved in this blog in helping me to solve this issue.

Regards,

Krishna

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use any FTP server that you will install on your system

inside integration directory you configure

file adapter as with any other FTP server

the config is exactly the same - you just

need to have IP of your FTP server installed

on your local system

<b>and XI machine must have access to this IP</b>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

blog by Shabarish

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards,

michal

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

I am using GuildFTP in my local system. I did all the configuration told in the site/help.

Now I would like to connect to FTP server and confirm myself whether it works with SAP XI system.

My quesion is how to test FTP connection to my newly created FTP server?

Whether I must create SM59 entry in SAP XI box? Can you please explain me little details.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>My quesion is how to test FTP connection to my newly created FTP server?

Whether I must create SM59 entry in SAP XI box? Can you please explain me little details

No need of any RFC destinations. Just place a file in the FTP server and give the file name and path in XI server sender file adapter communication channel and check in communication channel monitoring

Regards,

Jai shankar

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now SAP XI is pinging my local FTP server. Thanks for all helping until now.

Question now is, FTP server logon and logout is happeing, but file is not picked up and placed in target folder.

I am using GuildFTPd as FTP server.

Guru, your expert comment needed.

REgards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I explained in previous reply, place a file in the FTP server and give the appropriate parameters in communication channel and check it in Communication channel monitoring.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

File is placed in the FTP folder and communication channels are configured.

SAP XI is connecting to my FTP host , but file is not picked and placed in destination folder setup in communication channel for receiver.

Is there any specific settings to be made at GuildFTPd tool?! I am not sure and also confused.

Regards,

Krishna