cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES 4.7E installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have searched the forum for this error. Found similar errors but haven't found the solution. Appreciate if someone could help.

I'm installing IDES 4.7 Enterprise with Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000. At the Post Processing Stage of Database Load, an error is thrown. The Error is as given below. Could you please let me know why the error is thrown and how to proceed?

Best Rgds,

Ameresh

(DB) INFO: connected to DB

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/A_CONDF4 created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VDASFEV created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VDASFPAR created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOMIL created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOPAC created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOPAE created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOPAI created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOPAR created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOTD1 created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOTD2 created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOTDD created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_AOTYP created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_ASPAR created

(DB) INFO: /SAPTRX/VD_CONDL created

<b>(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(CREATE VIEW "/SAPTRX/V_AODD02" ( "TRK_OBJ_TYPE" , "TABLEDEF" , "DDICDEF" , "DBTAB" , "DDLANGUAGE" , "DDTEXT" , "AS4LOCAL" ) AS SELECT T0001."TRK_OBJ_TYPE", T0001."TABLEDEF", T0001."DDICDEF", T0001."DBTAB", T0003."DDLANGUAGE", T0003."DDTEXT", T0002."AS4LOCAL" FROM "/SAPTRX/AOALLTAB" T0001, "DD02L" T0002, "DD02T" T0003 WHERE T0002."TABNAME" = T0001."DDICDEF" AND T0002."TABNAME" = T0003."TABNAME" AND T0002."AS4LOCAL" = 'A')

<b> DbSlExecute: rc = 103

(SQL error 942)

error message returned by DbSl:

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist</b></b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well - that's odd ...if you're installing iDES i presume you're using the original cds sent to you...the tables should all be there..so why does oracle throw an ORA-942...table does not exist?

usually the error occurs if for example during a system copy when certain table information still exists (such as nametab information) but the relevant table was deleted...then the export scripts have an entry concerning this table but r3load is not able to export the table - cos it is not there!

-> have you tried to re-start the phase?

-> by the way..oracle 8.1.7 is no longer supported - even extended maintenance is no longer possible...use oracle 10.2 instead...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the response. I get your point and the probable reason for the error. I will go for a later version of Oracle too. I will give it another go and see how it works. Thanks very much for answering my question.

Best Rgds,

Ameresh

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no prob - you're welcome! hopefully this will clear things up...

GreetZ, AH

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You probably have a bad CD. order them once more from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess so. Looks like the CD is corrupt. Will go for a fresh one.

Thanks,

Ameresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,'

There may be two cases.

Either the cd is corrupt or

While u dump the contents of the cd into the hard disk some files are not dumped in the right folders.'

Check this with te person from whome you got the cds ask him where to dump if possible.

Regards

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>avoid paths with blanks....</b>

GreetZ, AH