cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC functions provided by AS-JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have PI 7.11 (Dual Stack).

Per default there is in NWA a JCO RFC destination SAPSLDAPI_<PI-SID>, which is registered at RFC-Gateway of PIs ABAP-Stack.

RFC Connection SAPSLDAPI in SM59 of PI points to this registered server program.

How do we have to handle RFC Connections SAPSLDAPI of other ABAP Systems?

Point them to the same registered server program at PIs RFC-Gateway or

do we have to create for everey ABAP system a separate JCO RFC destination SAPSLDAPI_<ABAP-SID> and register it at RFC Gateway of ABAP system or PI?

I would suppose, that every RFC function, provided by PIs AS-JAVA should be registered only once at RFC Gateway of PI.

All other ABAP-Systems, which require these RFC functions point their SM59 RFC Connections to PIs RFC Gateway.

Am I right?

If yes, depends the server count in JCO RFC Destination on the count of ABAP Systems, using the RFC function?

For example: server count for JCO RFC destination SAPSLDAPI_<PI-SID> is 3.

Do we have to increase this, if the function is used by other ABAP systems?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

How do we have to handle RFC Connections SAPSLDAPI of other ABAP Systems?

Point them to the same registered server program at PIs RFC-Gateway or

do we have to create for everey ABAP system a separate JCO RFC destination SAPSLDAPI_<ABAP-SID> and register it at RFC Gateway of ABAP system or PI?

To handle RFC Connections of other ABAP systems, we should point them to same registered program at PI's Gateway.

I would suppose, that every RFC function, provided by PIs AS-JAVA should be registered only once at RFC Gateway of PI.

All other ABAP-Systems, which require these RFC functions point their SM59 RFC Connections to PIs RFC Gateway.

Am I right?

If yes, depends the server count in JCO RFC Destination on the count of ABAP Systems, using the RFC function?

For example: server count for JCO RFC destination SAPSLDAPI_<PI-SID> is 3.

Do we have to increase this, if the function is used by other ABAP systems?

You are absolutely right.

Default value of server count is '3'. You can change as per your requirement. If your ABAP systems pointing to PI increases, increase this server count.

Regards,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

do you have an idea by what number the server count of SAPSLDAPI_<PI-SID> should be increased, if there are approximately 20 other ABAP systems, which do their SLD registration in PIs SLD.

Regards

Roland