cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD: 2 order types with same number range (2nd order type should reset to 1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

Would like to ask if my requirement is possible:

I have two order types ZPOR under company code XXXX and ZSOR under company code YYYY. The number range is 01 ( e.g., range: 0001-1000). Currently, This range has several transactions already under ZPOR. Order type ZSOR is new and i want that it's series should reset to 1. If this is not possible, is there a way to create a new number range with the same interval (range: 0001-1000)? or do i have to create an entirely new interval?

Thanks,

Geric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Geric,

As far as i have understood, you want the same number range for both the order type.

For order Type - ZPOR - Number Range  : 1 - 1000.

For Order Type - ZSOR - Number Range : 1 - 1000.

Its not possible to have the same number range for the 2 order types in the system as this will lead to duplicate records error in VBAK and VBAP table (Sales Order Header and Item Table) and also other interlinked tables.

Thanks & Regards,

Md Faiz Abbas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geric

Idealy the sale order is an offical document it has to be very Inquie Number range it doesnt Overlap .

If you want to define New Number range check Avalbility of Number range accordingly you add it .

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Geric,

The sales order number field is the only one primary key (key field) in the sales order header table VBAK, and in system only one single record can exisit with primary key, so this is not possible to have the same number range starting with one only for both the documents, you can create different ranges like below

ZPOR   -  1000000000 - 1999999999

ZSOR   -  2000000000 - 2999999999

Regards,

Zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , you have to create new Interval.

Thanks/Rajesh