cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content server - using RSIRPIRL - how to find PHIO classes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm just trying to clarify how to go about tidying up our SOFFCONT1 and BDS_CONT1 tables by migrating documents from the database to a Content Server.

Apparently Content Server is set up (via OAC0) and 'new' documents/attachments are successfully being stored in Content Server rather than the database.

But historically this was not so, and we have a huge amount of documents stored at DB level.

I've read note "1634908 - Reduce the size of table SOFFCONT1" and "389366 - Relocation of documents" and plan to use report RSIRPIRL to do this.

It looks like PHIO class SOFFPHIO should be used for the SOFFCONT1 entries and "All classes which start with BDS_P" for the BDS side; but you can't enter BDS_P* in the report and I can't find a list of PHIO classes anywhere - anyone have any ideas?

Also, I've been told that dependant on the type of document, they should go to a different repository - for example, billing documents should go to a different repository. Is this possible? There's the 'Document Area' selection but I don't think you can specify this here?

Some notes/posts about this process also mention transaction SKPR08 - how does this fit in here? The application consultant who has set up Content Server hadn't come across it and didn't have access to run it either - is it relevant in this case?

Is there any way of knowing how many documents there are (and their size) to be migrated? I can count the number of rows returned by RSIRPIRL in test mode but this gives me no idea of size. As there's a huge volume (the tables are about 200GB each) we need to ensure there is sufficient space in the Repository.

Please bear in mind that I have a SAP Basis background rather than a Functional one so I'm struggling to understand this process fully and what all the different document types and classes etc mean.

Thanks

Ross

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

you can use this report RSIRPIRL to relocate the data in SOFFCONT1 to
your external archive server. To do this;
a) Create a content repository(OAC0)
b) Create a category and assigned the category to the content
   repository you created.(OACT)
c) Run the RSIRPIRL report using the following paramters:
   1) Document Area: <Keep blank>
   2) PHIO Class:    SOFFPHIO
   3) Target Category: ZSOFFHTTP  (Example name of new category)
   4) Source Category: SOFFDB

In transaction SKPR08 you can register the new category to be used by
class SOFFPHIO.

This is explained in OSS note:530792. "If the PC attachments are not to
be stored in the SOFFCONT1 table, you must assign a category to the
SOFFPHIO document class using transaction SKPR08. The category is
created in transaction OACT and refers to a repository on a HTTP
content server.

For SKPR08 you can refer to SAP Note:

668271 - The entry SOFFPHIO is not displayed in TR SKPR08

Hope this can help you.

Best regarfds

Ruby.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruby

Thanks for your response.

I still need some clarification though.

I've read the same note/post as you saying to set the PHIO Class as SOFFPHIO and source category as SOFFDB.

But this is just an example.

I have entries in table BDS_CONT1 too so I think I also need to run it for the BDS PHIO classes - but don't know what these are?

Also, what does source category SOFFDB mean? Is that definitively the one I want? But for BDS documents might that be different?

I'm still not clear what the purpose of SKPR08 is for. If you have created a content respository in OAC0 and assigned a category to it in OACT, then isn't that enough - won't documents of that category then be saved to that repository?

I'm not understanding the difference between 'category' and 'class' of document.

The fact that the Application consultant who set this up (and is currently working for all new documents created) hadn't come across SKPR08 leads me to believe that it's not required here - is it perhaps if you only want to narrow things down further (i.e. is OACT sufficient to do it by 'category' and SPKR08 perhaps used to define at a lower level, i.e., 'class'? Again, not understanding the differences here...).

Thanks

Ross

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more details and my final solution (in case anyone else has similar issues) are detailed here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I've got my head around some of this...

It seems OAC0 is used to create a Repository, say, ZH, with a Document Area, say, ARCHLINK.

OAC3 is used to map a Document Type, say, EDXORDPDFS (purchase order PDF), to a Repository, say, ZH.

OACT is used to map a Category, say, ZSOFFHTTP, to a Repository, say, ZH (and it's Document Area, ARCHLINK).

SKPR08 seems to be used to map a Class, say SOFFPHIO, to a Category, say, SZOFFHTTP.

So...

It looks like currently OAC0 and OAC3 are used successfully to store 'new' documents in a Repository (Content Server).

If I want to move 'old' documents to a different Repository (i.e. Content Server) then I use report RSIRPIRL which requires the following input:

Document Area (believe this can be left blank)

PHIO Class (for example, SOFFPHIO)

Source Category (for example, SOFFDB)

to move to:

Target Category (for example, SZOFFHTTP)

I.e. for my purposes - i.e. wishing to move things out of table SOFFCONT1 (and BDS_CONT1) - I just need to use report RSIRPIRL and to know the PHIO Class, Source & Target Categories.

It seems that the PHIO Class I want for SOFFCONT1 entries is SOFFPHIO, but I still need to know what to use for BDS docs.

It seems that the Source Category for SOFFCONT1 entries is SOFFDB, but again, I still don't know what it is for BDS docs.

Target Category will be the relevant Category that's mapped in OACT to the Repository we want to use.

I believe I don't need to use SKPR08 as I don't need to map any Classes to any Categories (report RSIRPIRL will move the Class I enter to the Category I enter).

I believe there is no way I can use RSIRPIRL to move particular Document Types (i.e. purchase order) to different Repositories - it's done at a 'higher level' i.e. by Class, not Document Type.

Right??

Still struggling to understand the differences/purposes of Document Type, Category and Class though!!