cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBTA; handling multi-line data parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm running Solman 7.1, sp11 and CBTA 30.

Generally, I have been successful in writing and executing test scripts (against the GUI of SAP ECC Ehp7)

My question is how to efficiently map parameters from a test data container (using the wizard or not) to the script and specifically for multi-line data entries. 

For example, in me21 there are vendor and purchasing org parameters at 'header' level; they are easy to map from the TDC to script.  It is also simple to create a structure in the TDC  to represent parameters for each line item in the PO.  But when recording the script, the plant field in multiple line entries show up as repeating parameters (PLNT, PLNT_002, PLNT_003 etc) and NOT as a structure representing the line. (It's the same with material, quantity and all the other line item fields)

It does not seem to be possible to map the TDC line structure to a line structure in the test configuration.  I also do not see how to map an element from the structure in the TDC to  an script parameter...for example, in the TDC I_STRUCTURE_POLINE[] refers to EKPO and I_STRUCTURE_POLINE[WERKS] needs to be mapped to successive entries of PO_PLANT

Any thoughts ??

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guy,

With CBTA, unfortunately putting parameters in a structure is impossible.

Actually, the restriction does not come from CBTA but from TCE - Test Composition Environment.

It is also a constraint for us.

All I can say is that TCE will be redesigned with SolMan 7.2. Hopefully SAP will include this functionality in the future UI... even though it is still a long way before it is implemented in our systems.

Regarding your question:

My question is how to efficiently map parameters from a test data container (using the wizard or not) to the script and specifically for multi-line data entries. 

Apart from the multi-line data entries thing, I used to have issues in the test data assignment wizard. Especially when parameters included an underscore "_", the wizard just went confused.

In case you had the same issue, a fix is provided in the Note 2046178.

Regards,

Rémi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remi,

Thanks for your reply...you've confirmed what I have found, but that's really disappointing !!

OK, maybe you cannot map from structure to structure, but how about from TDC structure element to a script element?

In this document  "test automation framework how to 7.1 pdf" there's a nice discussion of structures in the TDC.  What's point of a TDC structure if you cannot map from it to anything ? 

Maybe I missed a trick here ?  Hope so.

Cheers,

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guy,

OK, maybe you cannot map from structure to structure, but how about from TDC structure element to a script element?

Again, sorry to disappoint you, but this is impossible too...

I just got it confirmed with a test:

- created a CBTA script for ME21N with 2 items

- created a TDC, generated the parameters from the script

- removed those related to the line items

- added the structure MEPO1211[]

As you can see below in the test data assignment wizard, I cannot assign a structure element, although I have selected it in the bottom - MATNR. The wizard just does not manage to drill down to the structure element.

And so it only allows me to assign objects of the same level, and in this case it fails since they are not.

Please be reminded that the TDC is an eCATT component, and was designed to fit with eCATT philosophy.

I am not a eCATT expert, but I believe you can define structure in eCATT scripts.

But I definitely agree with you, it is a pity that SAP did not include this structure concept when they developed CBTA...

Regards,

Rémi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remi,

Yep..exactly the problem.  Quite a serious limitation. Thanks for talking the time.

Hopefully, the CBTA developers are reading this...

Thanks again,

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guy,

My pleasure... it allowed me to learn a new thing at the same time.

Can you please just mark the thread as answered, so it gets closed?

Thank you,

Rémi.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Mohamed,

Your reference to creating a TDC with a structure is only half the story. The other half is how to map the TDC to CBTA parameters? I have followed Example 2 in the link you provided and created a TDC with a structure. When I use the Test Data Assignment Wizard in CBTA I am unable to map a structure to single parameters. Is there a way to create a structure in CBTA that will map to a structure in the TDC?

See my question here... https://answers.sap.com/answers/12711709/view.html.

0 Kudos

Hello All,

This feature is now available but it is not working perfectly. Refer page 30.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/support/en_us/library/ssp/alm/sap-solution-manager/processes-72/...

Regards,

Mohamed Ziavudeen

0 Kudos

Guy,

I know this is an old message but have you found a solution since?