cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Fields Relevant to Printouts of Changes" for Transm. Medium = 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a serious doubt about the config "Fields Relevant to Printouts of Changes" (T166C Table).

• I defined 2 message types for PO ZOP1 & ZOP7;  ZOP1 with Transmission medium as 1 (=Print Output) and ZOP7 with 7(= Simple Mail).
  • I configure few fields as Relevant to Printouts of Changes, here.
  • I change a field in PO, which is not relevant for printoutput changes, ZOP1 does not trigger (as expected). but ZOP7 still triggers.

Is it standard behavior?

Does this config works only for Transmission medium = Print?

How can I control this behavior if transmission of Medium is other than "Print"?

Ganapathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you describe for ZOP1 (ZOP1 does not trigger) must be influenced by a modification as it is certainly not standard. Standard is that a message record is created even when you change a non-print-relevant field. It is just not possible to output.

Please read: 1996075 - ME22N: an output for printing is created after changing a non-change relevant field in the...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen L ,

Thanks for the quick response. Let me explain my issue more clearly. Please see the screenshot below.

If I do the change in a field which is not relevant for print out of changes as per the config in table T166C, I expect that, both outputs should fail, because these changes are not relevant for outputs.

But I see here, ZOP7 is not behaving as expected. So I am doubting that, the config in T166C table may not be effecting if the medium = 7 (Simple Mail).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking into OSS note 28869 - Printout of changes although field not print-relevant and interpreting point 2 of the solution makes me think that it is design that internal mails are send despite of not being print relevant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen L,

Thanks for the quick reply again.

We do not want ZOP1 and ZOP7 to behave differently. Because if the changes not relevant to Print Output, then why the Supplier should get a mail?

If it is confirmed that, this behavior is a standard design, then I am afraid, I need to find my own way to stop the e-mail reaching to the supplier.

Ganapathi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But simple mail is internal communication into the business workplace, isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jürgen L,

Thanks!

Your should be correct... sounds very much logical... Almost done now!

Now I checked with 5. Looks like it is not sent now. There is some other small bug here, to completely confirm it.

Just making an assumption, with a logical thinking, the config in T166C

- would affect for 1,2,4,5.these are for external communication. 

- but not for 7, 9. because these are for internal communication.

I don't know much about 8.

1 Print output

2 Fax

4 Telex

5 External send

6 EDI

7 Simple Mail

8 Special function

9 Events (SAP Business Workflow)

What you say?

Thanks,

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more Replies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its clear in 28869.

And your understanding is correct.

Since ZOP1 is external its ignored and ZOP7 internal, so system trigerring.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen L,

and Syed Hussain

Thanks to both of you, for your help.

Ganapathi

Answers (0)