SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD - Error

ankit_munshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to upload meterread results through my program using this BAPI . However I get an error in some scenarios with error text " Error in segment XXX: MR does not meet customization" . However when I try to enter same reads through El28 , same reads are uploaded successfully.

Any insight into the possible issue ?

regards,

AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor

I will assume you are referring to EL533 Segment number &1: MR result does not meet Customizing requirements

SE91 for this message, review the long text. The procedure noted in the Performance Assistant will guide you to

"Check your settings in Customizing for Meter Reading under Meter Reading Result -> Change -> Define Change Process for Meter Reading Data and change them if necessary."

basically thats the fix. This config manages the meter reading results that are modifiable during upload via IDoc type and the BAPI ISU_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor

I will assume you are referring to EL533 Segment number &1: MR result does not meet Customizing requirements

SE91 for this message, review the long text. The procedure noted in the Performance Assistant will guide you to

"Check your settings in Customizing for Meter Reading under Meter Reading Result -> Change -> Define Change Process for Meter Reading Data and change them if necessary."

basically thats the fix. This config manages the meter reading results that are modifiable during upload via IDoc type and the BAPI ISU_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD.

0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel . My problem was that if I am able to upload same read with same read type through el28 , why would BAPI give me an error. Looks like standard tcode doesnt use this BAPI and thats why I get an error while uploading the read through BAPI.

Although I dont understand the rationale behind keeping this customization only for reads uploaded through BAPI!!

0 Kudos

The config identified controls the BAPI. There are separate controls to a dialog session. If you have concerns over the seperation of online vs background uploads, you could raise a SAP incident. But that said, the functionality is documented & is simple enough to enable by maintaining that SPRO node.