Did you mean: 

Component mismatch after upgrade

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Windows 2008 r2 Server

Windows SQL 2012 SP2

I am currently in the process of upgrading our ERP 6 EHP3 SP 3/Netweaver 700 SP17 to ERP6 EHP6 SP12/Netweaver 731 SP12.

Our Dev is currently upgraded to the target version.

Just finished QA to the target version.

Now, I am moving in transports into QA that were created in DEV POST upgrade and I am getting Component mismatch in STMS.

Same packages used of course, I double checked again all versions identical.

Of course I know I know of the SP_TRANS_SYNC             OFF  or the ignore options in the option tab.

Im concerned why the message?

Does the Data and Cofile of the TP have a signature in it that I could see the versions of components?

I checked the basis support packs for SP 13-14-15 and don't see any notes.

Advice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think I figured it out.

Later in my upgrade process, I manually bring in the latest ST-API via SAINT.

So this is what caused the complained.

According to note 1742547 it says:

If the component check is activated, the corresponding component information is

loaded and is compared with the current system vector each time the import queue

is loaded.

My question would be, where is the component information loaded from? Must be the DATA file of the transport? I've had this issue with 3rd party TP's before so its not a communication method.

Anyone know where that component info is kept?

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can see this information in SE01 itself. It is saved as Request Attributes - SAPCOMPONENT

Regards,

Ashish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now, I am moving in transports into QA that were created in DEV POST upgrade and I am getting Component mismatch in STMS.

in STMS, when you try to move transport in QA.. for which software component you get this Warning ?

(e.g. a ST/PI patch difference may also report warnings in STMS)

Regards,

Ashish

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Example of a cofile, you can clearly see its 731 and not 700.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Joshua,

Strange, even though the transports were created after the D system was upgraded and when you are trying to import them into the Q system after the upgrade the warning pops up. This makes me feel that the TR's were released before the Q system was upgraded and they went into the transport queue. I would remove them from the transport queue of the Q system and add them back on and see if that helps.

1742547 - Information about component version check in TMS

I would need a system in such a situation to dig into to understand what causes such a behaviour.

Reagan