cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebate processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I m new to SAP, Can someone pls send me the rebate processing details with step by step transaction codes.

My Email id is jyothi2003@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance

Jyothi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

Go th below links:

http://sap-img.com/sap-sd/how-to-do-rebate-processing.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/dd/561222545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

SOme info:

Rebate Agreements:

A rebate agreement is an agreement between the business and a customer. This agreement takes the form of a special discount paid retroactively to the customer. This discount is based on the sales volume for the customer over a specific time period. The rebate is only relevant if the customer purchases the required sales volume.

Menu Path

The menu path here is IMG, Sales and distribution, Billing, Rebate processing.

The rebate agreement has separate condition records for each product the customer buys. These condition records specify the rebate amount or percentage due to the customer for each product. One can also specify a pricing scale so that the customer can earn a better rebate by ordering more products. Because rebates are always paid retroactively, the system keeps track of all billing documents that are relevant for rebate processing. This includes standard invoices as well as credit and debit memos related to the rebate. The system can also post accruals automatically so that the accumulated value of a rebate is recorded for accounting purposes. A rebate agreement is finally settled when a credit memo is issued to the customer for the accumulated rebate total.

Reward if it helps

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Rebates Processs</b> in SAP is divided into three components

1) Configuring Rebates

2) Setting Up Rebates

3) Managing rebate agreeeements and payments

Pre-requsiistes- Check the following:

1.The payer partner needs toi have the rebate field checked in the customer master on the sales area-billing doc tab.

2.The Billing type must be marked as relevant for rebates.

3.The Sales Organisation must be marked as relevant for rebates.

I am providing some info on rebates which I know.

Rebate agreemnts is based on agreement types.Conditon records which are created like B001 and B002 are linked to the rebate agreeements specifying the rebate rate + the accrual rates.condition records specify the rebate rate and the accrual rates.

Consider an example..

You decided to give a rebate of 3% to a customer whose sales vol is $1000 for a particular SO

Then the rebate value is $30..

Now when you make the rebate settlement by doiing the Credit memo and you decide to pay $27, then the accounting will be generated saying 27$ paid towards rebate and 3$ is the accrual which you owe to the customer

Procedure:

Rebate agreement: Transaction code: VB01

When you go to VB01, choose agreement type 0002 and then in conditions give

Material rebate

1 20

20 30

Now create a sales order with a material say M-11 for SOrg 1000 12 00 with QTY 6

Now check VB03 and see rebate agreemtent it will say Accruals 120 and payments 0

since your rebate is not settled still.

Rebate setllement

Go to VB02 enter ur sales deal no, and change the agreemetn status to B then enter Shift+F12 and enter the amount to be paid for example u say $80

Then check in rebate payments rebate doc and partial setllemetn since you have not paid in full.

View the credit memo request

Remove the Billing bloock Go to VA01 and put order type G2 ,,,go to create with ref and enter ur Sales order no,,,save the doc now...

Then go to VF01 and enter the credit memo reqst no generated...save the doc no and go to VF02 and say release to accounting

Now the final settlement will be this way

Accruals:120

Accrual reversed:80

Rebate pay:80

Amount payable:40

So the balance 40 is still the accrual

This is an example how a rebate will be processed with ref to a SO with an example.

-

In case of processing a rebate agreement for a specific customers with settings details follow the following steps:

1. Create a condition by copying a a standard condition like BO03 in V/06

2. Assign this condition in the std pricing procedure with acct key as ERB and accural key as ERU - V/08

3.Create a Rebate Agreement in VBO1 (It is O = Owl and not zero). No will be generated

choose 003 - Customer rebates, enter the customer code, the validity and check for the status shld be in Open, click on the conditions enter the percentage and accrual amount. You also can have scales in this. Also you need to maintain the material for the settlement

4. Create a sales order for that customer and check the rebate agreement.

5. You can see the rebate condition in the invoice only.

6. Once you have posted the invoices, then go to rebate agrrement no. clicl on verficayion and it will show the order details.

7. For settlement change the status of the rebate to B - release for the settlement.

8. Credit memo request will b generated copy the no. and go to VA02, remove the blocks if any and create an invoice (credit memo).this will show u the accrual amount.

9. In both the invoice and the credit memo check the posting - accounting document it will show u the accrual as negative.

10. Again go to rebate aggreement and check the status it will show you D - Final settlement of agreement already carried out

Please reward generously if helpul!

Thanks

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have sent the mail vth screenshots.

*reward points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Can you please fwd me the same document related to rebate processing with screen shots?

I would really appriciate your reply.

Thanks

Juhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

My email id is:

juhisinghania@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

could you forward those to me as well, my email id is:

mraj_sap@rediffmail.com