cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection terminated abnormally (SQLA12.0.4086)

reimer_pods
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of our customers reported a problem with our application. We checked the console log and found this messages:

I. 27.10 08:51:54. Verbindung wurde abnormal beendet, Fehlercode 121

I. 27.10 08:51:54. AppInfo des getrennten TCPIP-Clients: HOST=WIN2K8TS;OS=Windows NT 6.2 Build 9200 ;PID=0x8e4;THREAD=0x7b4;EXE=X:\TelApp.exe;VERSION=7.0.4.3541;API=ODBC

Translated that would be something like this:

Connection was terminated abnormally, error code 121

AppInfo of the disconnected TCPIP-client: ...

Any idea where I could look up this error code?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Reimer

Does the specified application use cursors on the client side?

It could be that in some case the cursor is not properly closed.

Does it happen in a specific procedure?

reimer_pods
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arcady,

the application uses cursors, but AFAIK they will always be closed automatically. We don't know, where in the application the problem occurred. I'd just to know, where the error message is coming from and what "121" means.

JasonHinsperger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

These are typically tcpip error codes, that you can look up in the MS tcpip docs (I usually just google tcpip and the error number). If it is happening regularly, setting the LOG parameter for the connection may provide more data to help diagnose the issue.

--Jason

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Reimer,

More specifically to Jason's answer, the error should be a Windows *operating system* error code (which does turn out to be frequently a Winsock error error code when working with networks: Windows Sockets Error Codes (Windows) )

In this specific case however, it is a regular System Error code: System Error Codes (Windows)

You can always see which system code it is by using 'net helpmsg #' at a Command Prompt:

C:\>net helpmsg 121

The semaphore timeout period has expired.

You can then use this information to search for further issues, for instance on Microsoft's website about this error (ERROR_SEM_TIMEOUT) and network adapters: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325487

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

reimer_pods
Participant
0 Kudos

He Jeff,

thanks for your usefull hints.

Regards

Reimer

Answers (0)