SAP for Life Sciences Discussions
Get insights and find practical tips to optimize your processes with SAP solutions. Share your own knowledge of life science technology and success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot tree Report - Batch traceability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working for a life science product manufacturing client. It is a process industry, where the material trace-ability with batches is of high importance.

I have a query for standard lot tree report. What is the logic behind this report and how the batches are pulled for this report.

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

are you running ECC 6.0 and want to see the batch geneology in ECC or are you already using GBT (Global Batch Traceability)?

In ECC, typically batches of ingredients are consumed in Process Orders creating new batches of the product. This is the link between the batches in production. In procurement or sales batches are linked to suppliers or customers via the inbound our outbound deliveries.

Check out best practices for Pharma...I belive there are examples how this has to be set up.

see here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48689

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

to add some information regarding Oliver's hint to check out the solution SAP Global Batch Traceability you can have a look at our newly created SCN space SAP Global Batch Traceability (SAP GBT)

Best regards,

Christoph Huber