cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organise, order, sequence several test packages in test plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created several test packages 1,2,3 ... in the Test Package Management in Solution Manager which are sequenced in itself (using SequenceID, No. Sequence, Tester assigned is already done).

But now I would be great to know if it's possible to put the existing different test packages and their existing sequences (belonging to one testplan) in an order to establish dependencies between them?

In this context two possibilities are interesting:

1) Test package 2 is not visible to the tester's worklist before the previous test package 1 is completely passed.

2) Test package 1 owns sequenceID 3 and test package 2 owns sequenceID 4. Testing sequenceID4 in the 2nd test package should only be possible when previous sequenceID3 in test package 1 is completed (displayed by the execution symbol in tester`s worklist of sequenceID4).

I`m really not sure if test cases can only be sequenced inside one test package.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

test cases can only be sequenced inside one test package. To outline dependencies between Test Packages I see 2 possibilities:

1. Using meaningul naming convention for test package title

2. Using the 'Planned Start and End date' in the test package atttributes.

Regards Reiner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reiner,

thank you for your quick reply and the good advices!

I keep them in mind and it'll help me a lot in the preparation of the next testmanagement steps.

But the fact not to sequence the packages directly and the resulting missing automated user communication via email, will make things really more complex for me and the testers...

Kind regards

Stephan

Answers (0)