Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SQL Anywhere 11 databases are getting corrupt

Hi

We are having problems with databases that are getting corrupted.

We have a server that runs a SQL Anywhere 11 database. (the consolidated database)
Beside that, we have about 15 remote databases that run on the laptops of our mobile workforces.

To keep all databases in sync, we have setup a two-way server-to-laptop replication.

For the replication process we use “SQL Remote”.

Each laptop should replicate his data once in about 1 or 2 weeks.

For exchanging the messages we use the message type “file”.

This year we already experienced 6 times that a remote database got corrupt after replication. (after running dbremote.exe).

The log file of the dbremote utility does NOT show any errors, the replication seems to be finished without any problems.
But after this, it’s not possible anymore to connect to the database, because of the following assertion error:

• [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Internal database error *** ERROR *** Assertion failed: 201501 (11.0.1.2376)
      Page 0x0:0x7182d1 for requested record not a table page -- transaction rolled back
      Error code=-301
      SQL state=HY000

Can someone tell me more about this error?

What goes wrong and why?

Or does someone has some tips on how to prevent this or tips on how I can do some analyzing myself to see what exactly got broken in the database?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Krenton,

Page 0x0:0x7182d1 for requested record not a table page -- transaction rolled back

Error code=-301

SQL state=HY000

Can someone tell me more about this error?

Specifically, the page at offset 0x7182d1 in database (So if you have a 4KB page size, this would be byte offset 7439057 x 4096 = 30470377472 into the database) in 0x0 (the main database running) has a page header that indicates that the data on the page is not table data. We don't know what it is, but the signature for table information connected to the table you're scanning is 'not as it should be'.

What goes wrong and why?

In the real world, lots of things can go wrong. I list some of the possible things on this question here on the SQL Anywhere forum. This list can include software bugs, but can also include instances where the media is not respecting write-through or write-ordering - see http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34090 (SQL Anywhere I/O Requirements for Linux and Windows) for more details.

There are also known instances where Intel drivers are not set with the correct write-through settings. The details of this are in the documentation: DocCommentXchange (Improving Robustness on Intel storage drivers).

Technical Support should still provide assistance. If the problem is a newly-discovered bug in SQL Anywhere 11, their advice will be to apply a more recent EBF or upgrade to a new version. However, that is unlikely in this case.

Breck is correct - it would probably be best to take a look at the database file in technical support for more clues as to what's happening here. With the current information, it's hard to say more than "something was not correct at the time the page was looked at by the database server."

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question