cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expected event monitor behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Expected event monitor should change the status what we have set in rules according to the expected event date. The date should be today's or future date. But it is not behaving as expected and not setting status as expected.

This is for RDS for sales order status, where the ready to process is for today's date and I have run the monitor manually.

Please let know if you have any other idea.

Thanks,

Shubh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

Two options:

1. Check your expected events in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Expected Events -> Define Profiles for Expected Events -> Update Expected Event Profiles -> Select your Expected Event profile -> Update Profile Groups -> Update Profile Items -> Select your update profile items -> Calculation rule & Any Tolerance set in this. 

2. Schedule the batch job for every five minutes for following program /SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR_PACK with below setting.

• Select Date From XXXXXX and Date To XXXXXX (Set dynamic variant, if you require)

• Select package size for selection 9999

• Select only Expected Event Date

• Run the program.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Please let me know the behavior of these three fields in expected event.

1) Calculation Rule

2) Tolerance

3) Tolerance Rule

Thanks,

Shubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

Let me give you an example on all these three in one scenario.

If Expected event "Loading" as set as 2/12/2014 in SAP EM.

I am setting the status in Calculation rule as 3 - Expected Event Date and giving Event Tolerance 48:00 (hours) and Tolerance Rule L Set Latest Date.

Now the expected event monitor checks whether Loading expected event is reported in system on 2/12/2014 and wait until tolerance hours until 4/12/2014 .  If the Loading expected event is not reported then it makes overdue on 5/12/2014 and triggers alert if any configuration has done.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. What does it mean if we set the

Calculation rule as Actual event date. How will expected event monitor calcluate the overdue.  If we leave the calculation rule as blank then what is the expected event monitor behavior.

Thanks,

Shubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

1. If you leave blank in Calculation rule and Event Date Rule "1 From Application System", then the expected event monitor will not make overdue or nothing. These scenarios happens for Sales Order Creation, Shipment Creation, Freight Order Creation etc because we don't set the expected event time for these ones and determined by source application system.

Example expected event profile - OCB10_ORDER & 510_PURORD_FASHION

2. Give Event Date Rule "2 Relative to Unique Event", Calculation Rule "4 Actual Event Date" and give group number and Item number, then the expected event monitor will check based on group number and item number actual event make overdue.

Example Expected event profile - OBP20_HU_IN_DLV

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shubh,

the EE Monitor takes the following into account:

Method GET_OVERDUE_EXPEVS in class /SAPTRX/CL_EH_EE_MONITOR_CNTRL

SELECT * INTO TABLE my_expevs FROM /saptrx/v_expe_a

WHERE ( ( msg_status     = co_expected        AND

msg_exp_index  < l_tst_index )

OR

( msg_status       = co_not_expected  AND

event_status     = co_expected      AND

event_exp_index  < l_tst_index ) ).         "

So it depends what you have customized or coded for your Expected Events.

Best regards,

Steffen