cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not flowing in receiving system for Enhanced Datatype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PI Experts,

I am new to PI world. We have a requirement to pass custom field data from SAP TM to SAP ECC. We are using standard messages for creating delivery from SAP TM to SAP ECC. To achieve this I am following below steps:

1. Created custom SWCV and added Defined Underlying SWCV

2. Created Enhanced Datatype for the node which I want to enhance in created SWCV

3. Generated proxy for enhanced datatype in sending system i.e, SAP TM

4. Created delivery from SAP TM

5. I can see my Z fields in XML payload file of both SAP TM and SAP ECC system using SXMB_MONI

6. Now, I want to update these Z field data to standard field of SAP ECC

7. When I debug the inbound proxy in SAP ECC I cannot see my Z fields in INPUT structure of Proxy class

I would like to know is their any step that I am missing to get data of Z fields in receiving system SAP ECC and I cannot find any BADI to map data after reading data of Z field

Below are the message used for delivery creation between SAP TM and SAP ECC

OutboundDeliveryBulkCreateRequest_Out - SAP TM 1.10

OutboundDeliveryBulkCreateRequest_In - SAP APPL 6.05

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I had once a problem where datatype enhancement fields were in "old" version after deleting old enhancements and introducing new enhancements.

Solution was to explicitely activate the structures that (should) hold your enhancement, even If they pretend to be "active" and last editor was "SAP".

YMMV, though

HTH

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azhar and Jens,

This got solved. The problem was with XML namespace. After changing the XML namespace of Enhanced datatype with standard message type XML namespace this issue got resolved.

Thanks once again for your help and assistance.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

In the Standard Content what mapping is being used?

have you mapped your New fields (Data Type Enhancement) to the required fields in ECC side?

Please ckh

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

Thanks for the reply.

How to check mapping for standard content. I cannot find at service interface level any details.

I had not done any mapping for testing I am changing the values at debug mode of -Out Badi and I can see values are coming in payload XMl file at both SAP TM and SAP ECC. But, when i debug the inbound proxy I cannot find my Z structure in INPUT structure of proxy of _IN struxture.

Please help on this issue.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Open PI ESR

2. Go to Menu --> Object --> Find

3. Search your Outbound Interface

4. Once it lists, do where-Used to get the Reference Process Integration Scenario

5. Open the Process Integration Scenario and Select the Correct Action link from the Lane

6. Double Click the link to Check the Interface (Sender / Receiver Name)

7. GO to Assign Mapping Tab and Check the Operation Mapping name thats been used in the Standard Content (incase u dont find any Mapping name here, it implies that its a Pass through Scenario without any mapping)

8. Once you get the OM name, do a Search again with that OM name open it

9. Check the Mapping used in it if its - Graphical / XSL ...and accordingly you need to do your mapping for Custom fields.

10. If you are Editing the Standard Mappings, you need to copy that Mapping object to your custom Namespace and do your updates there and not in the Std SAP content.

See the snapshot attached.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azhar for such a valuable information.

In my case their is no Assigned Operation mapping in Assign Mapping tab.

What should i need to do in such a case.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is No mapping defined, it implies that its a Pass through Scenario (where both the Source and Target Message Structure is Exactly the same).

What Mapping you have defined currently in your Interface Determination Tab in PI - ID?

I believe you need to create a new 1:1 Mapping in your Custom Namespace and make sure that you also map the new Z fields in it. This Mapping needs to be referenced in the Int Det in the PI - ID config.

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

I am using standard messages and std namespace while configuring at RD, ID and RA. I can see my fields in payload of XML of SAP TM and SAP ECC. But when I debug the inbound proxy using sproxy for standard message i cannot see my my data of XML into INPUT structure of proxy method.

Whether I need to configure with RD, ID and RA using created objects under custom SWCV under which standard are underlying? I am not sure whether system can allow to select created SWCV while configuring at interface determination.

Regards,

Md.Rafi